Search results

1. U

Eversolo DMP A-8 compared to Eversolo DMP A-6 ‘Master’

I‘m not an expert on break in but the friendly folks in the Eversolo Facebook groups told me to let it break in before I did my comparisons, so I did that just so no one could cry foul. Yes, I used two different DACs. I ran A/B comparisons where everything was the same and used the Gustard R26...
  2. U

I did sound level match and I did run a blind test where my wife picked which one to play and I wrote down my notes and then she told me which one after. Some songs were very hard to find any difference. Biggest difference was on songs that can be bright or benefit from the extra separation of...
  3. U

Eversolo DMP-A8 Announced

I disagree. To my surprise, I’ve heard differences with different streamers before - even with the Eversolo A6 versus A8. I posted my thoughts in another thread, so I won’t repost there but you can see them here: Post in thread 'Eversolo DMP A-8 compared to Eversolo DMP A-6 ‘Master’'...
  4. U

There are a lot of opinions on the Eversolo DMP-A6 versus DMP-A8. My initial thoughts were that I would not hear a big difference if I used them as streamers only going into my Gustard R26 or Weiss 204 DACs. Boy, was I wrong. I’d consider my setup middle of the road but definitely not basic. My...
  5. U

Same response to you as I posted to Purite. I won’t repost but you can see my reply… I disagree. I tested the A6, A8 and HifiRose 250 in the same room, same gear, level matched. A/B back to back each time. All my notes jotted down. It took a long time over the past few weeks just to compare...
  6. U

ASR measures a number of things but they don’t measure every facet of a device that impacts sound and sound signature. I find their reviews extremely helpful. However, if two DAC chips have a SINAD of 120, it does not mean the DACs sound exactly the same hooked up to your gear. Read reviews...
  7. U

Is there a review at ASR for the A8? Where did they measure the same? I had these for the past few weeks and I can definitely hear a difference. I’m going to share my thoughts as a reply in this thread.
  8. U

Arendal 1723 Tower THX vs. Wharfedale Aura 4

The towers were open box and looked used but I do not know how long they were run in. I had issues running in one speaker as it started causing my amp to short. I ran in the other one that was working right. I returned them because the quality control on Outlet/Open Box was POOR.
  9. U

I purchased two Arendal 1723 Towers. They had tons of power and bass. One of the speakers had an issue, though. It was damaged in shipping and kept causing my amp to short, so I didn’t get to listen to both speakers for that long. However, bass was not an issue. I think it would be a bigger...
  10. U

I’m wondering the same thing, especially after Erin’s Audio Corner’s super positive comparison review of the Wharefdale Aura 2s.
  11. U

Weiss DAC205 DAC Review

(I corrected my post to state I have the Weiss 204 not the 205 reviewed here)… I have no idea. I don’t think I am. I bought it because of the positive reviews and someone locally was selling it. It was positioned in reviews as the best DAC under $5k and I paid $2K. I would have been happy if the...
  12. U

Weiss DAC205 DAC Review

I’m a huge fan of ASR and Amir’s review. I buy a lot of gear he recommends and I have a Marantz SR8015 which I love, but I have the Weiss 204 DAC based on numerous positive reviews online and I’d say the reviews are legit. It’s slightly different than the Weiss reviewed here. The 204 which I...
  13. U

SOLD: Bluesound Powernode 2i and NAD D 3020

Yes U.S. and Canada. Thank you. Didn’t know I needed to put in title. Now I do. I’ll pay shipping.
  14. U

SOLD: Bluesound Powernode 2i and NAD D 3020

SOLD. Up for sale is my Bluesound Powernode 2i for $399 and NAD D3020 for $299. Both are lightly used. I upgraded to larger, more powerful equipment. Details on the Powernode 2i: The POWERNODE 2i is the streaming amplifier that merges several traditional components into one and unlocks a world...
  15. U

Focal Electra 1008 Be - Still good by 2020 standards?

I did a speaker shootout and the Dynaudio Contour 20 sound way better than the KEF R3. KEF R3 are overrated. I agree with Amir that they are uninteresting. You’d think they’d have more slam/bass for their size. The Contours are like the R3s on steroids. Easily fill your room with more sound than...
  16. U

Focal Electra 1008 Be - Still good by 2020 standards?

I did a speaker shootout and the Dynaudio Contour 20 sound way better than the KEF R3. KEF R3 are overrated. I agree with Amir that they are uninteresting. You’d think they’d have more slam/bass for their size. The Contours are like the R3s on steroids. Easily fill your room with more sound than...
  17. U

Argon Audio

Someone said this is the best unit at its price point. It may be. But here’s another option… The Audiolab 6000N can be had for $300-$350 via Amazon used. I made a Like New - Open Box purchase and it looked brand new and sealed. I compared it against the new Bluesound Node and Wiim Mini. I much...
  18. U

Benchmark LA4 vs Topping Pre90 - Listening impression

If you want gear that doesn’t color the sound at all, take a close look at the high scoring ASR gear. I’m no engineer but I like to test gear in my listening room. When I did that with the Topping Pre90 versus the McIntosh and Audio Research, the Mc and AR sounded much better. The Topping...
Top Bottom