Search results

1. F

Mapping of roon EQ settings to PulseEffects EQ?

I understand some, but not all of the parametric EQ settings that are available in pulse effects. One that I'm not sure what the analog is is the "peak/dip" setting from roon. In pulseeffects I have the following available: * Bell * Notch * Resonance * High Pass * High Shelf * Low Pass * Low...
  2. F

DAC attenuation before power amp

So then option 1 becomes the best choice here? Get a reasonable dac (D10, whatever), feed it via a good playback mechanism that can run > 16 bits, and then I get good/perfect digital volume control with seemingly no compromises?
  3. F

Right but when controlling signal output "before" the dac, isn't that basically trimming off bits of resolution, ultimately lowering things like SNR?
  4. F

With dedicated DACs becoming so cheap, and computer-consumed media becoming so common, single source systems are starting to become more popular, maybe removing the need for large parts of what pre-amps typically offered to end users, namly source selection and integrated phono pre-amps. One...
  5. F

Review and Measurements of Topping D50 DAC

Can this be used driverless? Specifically curious about linux support..
  6. F

Why is line-level low-single digit volts (or, why do amps have gain?)

Cool, this all mostly makes sense. I sort of suspected that the 2V stuff was largely due to previous technical limitations and some momentum has kept it in place now. Combined with the fact that there's no real benefits to separating the gain stage from the amp (and as documented, some...
  7. F

Why is line-level low-single digit volts (or, why do amps have gain?)

So, after having a satisfactory audio system for a while, I'm back shopping for some new headphone stuff, and I've decided to get involved in some forums, do some research, learn some more from where I left off. I've been re-reading a lot of nwavguy o2 stuff, and the new material that's come...
  8. F

Thoughts on other Behringer DACs?

With the UMC204HD putting up such respectable numbers, I started looking at their product line to see what else might be feasible. There's 3 "categories" of products that I'm interested in. I THINK these delineations might make sense: * UM2 and UMC22 * UMC202HD, UMC204HD, and UMC404HD *...
Top Bottom