Search results

1. eddantes

Fallout on Amazon

So far - just a wee bit better than - "meh".
  2. eddantes

Electrostatic speakers?

I owned a pair of Magnepan 2.5r... For all that they did right, or at least impressively... that was not a speaker to listen to outside the sweetspot. Oh... and because they are the size of two screen doors - it was a rather slender sweetspot. Not electrostatics per-se, but to echo the above...
  3. eddantes

3-Body Problem

Did not enjoy it. Didn't connect with any characters. Didn't get hooked by the story. Nice production, but ultimatly found it boring.
  4. eddantes

What interesting and tasty cheese are you enjoying today? This is like the spirits thread but for cheese.

Such a neat sweet n nutty flavour. One of my fave cheeses for sure!
  5. eddantes

Integrated streaming amplifier question.

I have the DRA-800H. For the $$ I'd rather have the WiiM Amp and then I'd buy myself some second hand speakers. The WiiM will allow you to equalize your room/speakers even if that's further down the line of your journey. Buying 2nd hand speakers is a great way to save money, as speakers...
  6. eddantes

Help me fix my broken Revel C12!

I am very curious about this. Could a capacitor in the highpass be failing?
  7. eddantes

Open baffle speaker pitfalls

This is a good point. There's a nostalgia at play here... Like the first time you expereince a thing - it's just so notable being novel, but in reality maybe hardly worthy of admiration. Still - I think we both agree that the key word here (that we both used) is "fun", and how can fun not also...
  8. eddantes

Electronica/dance/techno/et cetera.

It is indeed... But... Let's have Donna have the spotlight
  9. eddantes

Not sure if we paid homage to the early days in this thread... but... all this lovely electronic music owes its popularity to some groundbreakers. I wont go into Kraftwerk, Moroder and the early 70s, but will just touch on my own roots of the synth addiction (...funny enough, at this time I...
  10. eddantes

Artists You Have Discovered Lately

One more - I can't quite put my finger on it - but this band has got something special going on. Brilliant debut record. The Last Dinner Party. and my personal favourite
  11. eddantes

I'm a sucker for pop with a lil spice in it... and Royal and the Serpent fits that nicely
  12. eddantes

Until I heard this track all I knew of Eagles of Death Metal was the tragedy at the Bataclan... but this cover... OMG... this geezer just wants to throw his hands up in the air. I hope MJB doesn't mind it, cause I think it's yummy.
  13. eddantes

brilliant track - just floating in the clouds
  14. eddantes

Ahhh Joe Goddard is a master of killer beats. Love him in Hot Chip, but his solo and collab stuff is right brilliant. Blew my car speakers with this... I'm sorry, but one can't listen to this at anything less then chest pumping volumes... :34 just waiting for Tom Cruise to fly in and blow some...
  15. eddantes

Google Chromecast Audio vs Wiim pro plus

I'll add - that when these were selling for ~25CAD I bought 4, and now have whole home audio. If one sends optical from GCA to a DAC - then I think we're getting decent signal to our amps. As far as my ears can tell - sounds perfectly fine.
  16. eddantes

Google Chromecast Audio vs Wiim pro plus

If you need the EQ - then yes. Otherwise not really.
  17. eddantes

Revel F35 Speaker Review

Only have experience with the F35s and find them delightful. PIR for F36 looks better on paper, though I prefer the tilt of the F35. So...??? I am not helping - am I?
  18. eddantes

Tower with good bass extension vs. stand-mount with a sub?

Sub+standmounts are probably better with all the caveats mentioned above. Wether Kef or Revels will depend if you're in NA or Europe. As for sub - not sure you need to go that upscale as KC62, and again the brand will depend on your location as above. As for sub placement and configuration - it...
  19. eddantes

Exceptional values in over-the-ear headphones?

I dunno, but for me https://www.audiosciencereview.com/forum/index.php?threads/hifiman-he400se-review-headphone.28771/ and https://www.audiosciencereview.com/forum/index.php?threads/akg-k371-review-closed-back-headphone.19657/ represent the best bargains. And as you already have the k371... you...
Top Bottom