Search results

1. M

Magnepan LRS Speaker Review

Another data point for LRS. Mic is not calibrated for absolute SPL so disregard that. Measurements left and right from listening position 1/24 smoothing. Positioned for good imaging at LP, tweeters inside with toein (small sweet spot but really good when there). Limited in the placement with...
  2. M

Passive loudspeakers aren’t as lame as vinyl…yet!

Built in Actives located in speakers = usually DSP compression and electronics obsolescence. External actives = Very nice once you account for the above.
  3. M

SMSL PS100 *$30.00* DAC (some limitations apply)

Hi, I tried looking on the website but maybe a kind person here could answer a quick question. I need an SPDIF input that can be streamed to the computer via USB. I'd like to use the "Record" section in windows to "listen" to the SPDIF device. Does anyone know if the PS100 can do this? Thanks,
  4. M

Splitting Frequencies

There is a difference between LFE and the subwoofer xover bass management. Set speakers to small and set the crossover frequencies in speakers and subwoofer to 40hz. Problem solved. LFE is like another channel of audio. It does not correspond to the subwoofer xover. LFE settings are...
  5. M

Magnepan LRS Speaker Review

A number of the in room responses shown in this tread for the magnepan speakers have been pretty good. Take a conventional speaker in a random room and you will see variations/deviations from flat as well. Regardless of speaker type each model and topology has compromises. Depends on the user...
  6. M

Yamaha R-N2000A network receiver

Hi, Does anyone know if pure direct mode bypasses the adc converter? Or does it just disable the dsp processing but still go through the adc/dac conversion? Thanks,
  7. M

Minidsp Flex Eight!

Have you upgraded to the latest firmware version (1.52 or later)?
  8. M

Poll for Topping PA5 owners only please.

Not to discourage you as there are good units out there but did the above with 2 of my units. They still failed. I don't think it matters what you do if you get one of those units.
  9. M

Minidsp Flex Eight!

Had mine for about a week. Had a few firmware bugs but they were fixed right away. Everything seems good now. Works as advertised. No measurements but seems like a good unit. I'm using them to run a 3-way open baffle line array. Seems like good value.
  10. M

Minidsp Flex Eight!

It'd be nice if there were at least 2 or 3 times more taps. Really limits the use to high frequency only.
  11. M

Milind Kunchur Blind Cable Test

Also if the time delay and phase are equal in both cables for a stereo run (which they should be) then we won't hear it anyways.
  12. M

Ya it's messed up. It will happen again later at some point. I would send it back asap for refund.
  13. M

Good luck! Please report back!!
  14. M

For what its worth Aoshida Audio-CA from Canada who sold me the original PA5 units via amazon.ca was very responsive to the issue and was able to get me a full refund via amazon for both units even though the return date was after the standard amazon return date.
  15. M

I didn't just sign up to report a problem :). I purchased an E30 about 4 months back. Things have been fine with that unit. I then decided to order 2 PA5 because of the low noise to use with higher sensitivity speakers, 1 black unit and 1 silver unit. All good for about 1.5 months. Then...
  16. M

The kit we bought, our current setups

Awesome!! How do the M2 measure and how do they sound? Any problems mounting the 2450SL to the M2? Thanks!
  17. M

Topping PA5 Review (Amplifier)

PA5 is great for noise. My horns don't have any audible hiss at 1 foot. I'm worried it might blow them when it is not working though.........
  18. M

Topping PA5 Review (Amplifier)

Hi All, Another data point. I have 1 black and 1 silver of the PA5. Silver unit has popping/intermittent crackling on right channel. Black unit has intermittent white/wideband noise that comes and goes on right channel. Power brick has not been disconnected from AC until problems surfaced...
Top Bottom