Search results

1. Z

Most aesthetically pleasing amplifiers

I have this one But I wanted this (so I could imagine I lived in a cold war submarine or something)
  2. Z

Amplifier for arbitrary speakers?

Fair enough. I had Boenicke before this and have kept them for a similar reason. If you want floorstanders though the Kii&BXT will give you that and look (IMO) space-age good, as well as tremendously clean and powerful bass.
  3. Z

Amplifier for arbitrary speakers?

If you're considering spending $40k on speakers alone then looking for an amp, I would second the shout for listening to demoing some Kii/Genelec/Neumann/Dutch and Dutch etc before you do that. I've had a pair Kii3s for 2 years now (just vanilla Kii3s no BXT) which I used for stereo and as front...
  4. Z

Kii price increases

Does that make the new BXT price c£6k? And does that include white?
  5. Z

Inside High-res audio: PCM vs MQA vs CD: 2L Sampler Comparison

David Hume had some interesting thoughts on this - see https://web.csulb.edu/~jvancamp/361r15.html
  6. Z

Neumann KH 310A Review (Powered Monitor)

In UK but, tbh, even if I lived next door to our illustrious host not sure I could part with them for a day! Seriously, like you, I’d be really interested to see what he makes of them.
  7. Z

Neumann KH 310A Review (Powered Monitor)

I had a pair on demo. The only reasons I didn’t buy them was I auditioned them alongside some Kii 3s and the imaging and soundstage on the latter was significantly sharper/better. In most other respects they seemed pretty close.
  8. Z

Kii Three Measurements

I am using them in a living space but against the long wall so they are only about 2.5m from the listening position. But even when experimenting other setups they were little different. The only flaw I can imagine they have is with pure bass impact, lacking large woofers. However, all this is...
  9. Z

Kii Three Measurements

Look, I'm obviously going to try and justify my purchase now but - that said - I'm rather incredulous that the Klipschs could be anywhere even close to the Kiis. I really didn't want to buy them - they were far more expensive than I ever thought I'd stretch to (even though I got them ex dem with...
  10. Z

Kii Three Measurements

Is there no one in the US who can send some in to Amir? I have a pair of Kiis which I seem to me to be perfection but I'm in the UK. I would also be interested to see how they measure vs the Dutch 8Cs which I (and no doubt many others who looking for this sort of thing) considered but were...
  11. Z

Dutch & Dutch 8Cs

I haven’t compared the 8cs to the Type 20s, though I was interested in both. I did however directly compare a pair of Kii 3s to a pair of Neumann KH310s and whilst I was v impressed with the 310s there was no contest (in my room) in terms of quality of the bass and imaging/precision/clarity in...
Top Bottom