Search results

1. D

Does it make sense to recommend integrated amps any more?

Look for anything with a tape monitor function (not record) or something with a pre-out and a power in. In europe on of the best budget options is the Audiolab 6000A or 6000A play. It has a pre-out and a power in. The DAC inside it is not bad either.
  2. D

Polk R200, Investigation Re: I am very Disappointed with Dull non HiFi sound.

Here is a Czech website that does measurements too. They also measured the R500, R600 and the L600. https://www.hifi-voice.com/testy-a-recenze/reprosoustavy-regalove/3328-polk-audio-reserve-r200
  3. D

Wharfedale Diamond 12.1 Review (Speaker)

Could any of the more technical guys explain to me how to read the vertical directivity? I'am interested in the 12.4. That is a rather tall speaker and I would be sitting below the tweeter with the speaker about 3 meters away.
  4. D

Polk Reserve R200: Spinorama and measurements (a really nice surprise!)

Here is a YouTube video with an inside look of the Polk R200.
  5. D

That is not a bad test at all. Seems like a strange comparison but I'am really contemplating between the Polk R600 and the Buchardt S400. Both good measuring speakers with a solid low end. I have speakerstands and enough room to move them around..
  6. D

Dynaudio new Emit series

Dynaudio has renewd his Emit budget series. I really like the Emit 50. A proper 3 way with a midrange driver. Goes for € 999 a piece in Europe. https://www.dynaudio.com/home-audio/emit
  7. D

Stereo Bass using subwoofers

Thanks for the info. Was really curious about that. I like the "all in one solution" of the denon with Audyssey.
  8. D

Stereo Bass using subwoofers

Do you run double subs with your Denon? If so. Does the Denon do a good job with that?
  9. D

Any issues when pairing Purifi or Hypex class D amps with home cinema AVR?

Do all the NC252MP based amplifiers have the same input sensitivity? The Audiophonics MPA-s250NC RCA has 3.2V. So that is double for the Denon.
  10. D

Any issues when pairing Purifi or Hypex class D amps with home cinema AVR?

Something like this? https://www.xtzsound.eu/product/edge-a2-300?technical
  11. D

A couple of reviewers weren's sure either so they contacted Polk. The designer confirmed that they are 2.5 way. That beeing said. I can't find the crossover information either. Maybe worth investigating further.
  12. D

I don't really know what the difference is. The above Kali IN-5 has a maximum recommendend listening distance of 2.2 meters. Adam Audio has monitors for near, mid and farfield listening. And I would think a nearfield monitor is designed to work close together where farfield monitors are designed...
  13. D

I see this often on ASR. The measurements of a nearfield monitor are used as competition to the measurements of a farfield monitor. It always confuses me a bit. Seems to me that a nearfield montor has a completely different use than a farfield monitor.
  14. D

Review and Measurements of Lyngdorf TDAI-3400 Amp & EQ (Part 1)

I have a question for the experts. Could the low SINAD become a problem in the Lyngdorf TDAi-1120? It has a lower power ouput of 2 x 120 W RMS @ 4Ohm / 2 x 60 W RMS @ 8Ohm. So you would be driving the amplifier harder than the TDAi-3400 on louder volumes.
  15. D

Denon AVR-X4700H is better than Arcam AVR20

It amazes me that someone paid a lot of money for an AVR. Then proceeds to aggressively respond to other members on how a good AVR should sound. Only to discover in a picture that it would be a small miracle that he gets good sound with this speaker setup.
  16. D

Audyssey Room EQ Review

I think I know what you mean. I have had this problem also in a setup a few years back. There are subwoofer manufacturers that tell you that if you adjust the subwoofer crossover manually you should also adjust the volume of the subwoofer. So crossover up, volume lower and viceversa. I do...
  17. D

Triangle Esprit Antal Ez Review (Tower Speaker)

Look at the size of that cable he sold too that poor guy.
  18. D

Any thoughts on Subwoofers? Measurements and accuracy?

Cheers to you too. Have a nice weekend.
  19. D

Any thoughts on Subwoofers? Measurements and accuracy?

I know you really like the Monoprice Monolith. But did you consider that the OP is living in the UK and that the Monoprice Monolith maybe isn't available in the UK?
Top Bottom