Search results

1. L

NAD T778 Audio/Video Receiver (AVR) Review

@peng and @Dj7675, I know it's been several months but Amir now has the MA-01 for testing and teardown.
  2. L

Buckeye Amps: New US based Hypex multichannel amplifier builder, line-up announcement!

@Buckeye Amps Love to see this still going strong! Like @DWPress said, not surprised to see this get to 30 pages with satisfied customers. Great product and customer service - keep it up!
  3. L

JBL 306P MK II Review (Studio Monitor)

Happy to see these results! I wish there was a way to get rid of the hiss, but I love the way these sound otherwise.
  4. L

Buckeye Amps: New US based Hypex multichannel amplifier builder, line-up announcement!

Although the openings might seem big, the only way a kid could potentially access the mains voltage is if they somehow got a 90 degree tool inside. The openings are far forward and high enough that a kid would need both freakishly skinny AND long fingers in order to get anywhere near the...
  5. L

Double wrapped in bubble wrap, case is flawless. Internally it looks great. Well laid out, grounded to a bare spot on the bottom panel. Looks like there will be plenty of airflow without a ton of wasted space. I'm definitely impressed. Can't wait to lift the veil and listen as the artist...
  6. L

Update: Amplifier just arrived. I'm going to use it for a few days and then will coordinate with @amirm to have it evaluated. I'm not sure how long the line is, but I imagine it will be several weeks before the evaluation is complete.
  7. L

Best AV Processor under $3k? Lexicon MC-10, Anthem AVM 60, or something else?

Real question, do you think you could tell the difference between a "broken in" component and a brand new one in a double blind test? If I buy a display model, does the same break in period apply? If I unplug the component and let it sit for a while, does it need another break in?
  8. L

Best speakers in the world?

Bugatti is so last year.. Tell your kid to check out the Shelby SuperCar Tuatara https://www.topgear.com/car-news/supercars/sscs-tuatara-fastest-car-world-331mph-top-speed
  9. L

Best speakers in the world?

By whom and using what metric(s)? Was there a competition I missed?
  10. L

Slowing forum performance

Have you tried turning it off and turning it back on?
  11. L

Excited to put this amp to work and get it tested! Looks to be a great value and @Buckeye Amps has been a pleasure to work with.
  12. L

Perfect. I've been in comms with Stefan and will hopefully have one ready for testing in about a month.
  13. L

Unfortunately, this AVR locked up and went into protection mode with no ability to reset by the user. I was getting the "amplifier too hot" error code and the fan would just start cranking, even though the AVR had been off all night. This AVR looked and sounded great, but there were just too...
  14. L

Curious to know your ROON hardware

Synology DS9218+ NAS, 16Gb of ram, 16Tb of mech storage, Roon running on a docker on the ssd. Works great!
  15. L

In regular use, the fan is incredibly quiet and I couldn't even tell it was on until I put my hand back there. Although it has a mesh grill, I believe that is just meant to keep fingers and wires out. The fan is used for exhaust and you can feel the hotter air coming from the grill. The...
  16. L

AudioFrog GB60 6-Inch Midwoofer Review (Car Audio product)

I spoke with Andy for his recommendations and with the larger GB15, he recommended a crossover around 1800. I'm using a 4th order LR and crossing somewhere around there in a 2 way.
  17. L

AudioFrog GB60 6-Inch Midwoofer Review (Car Audio product)

Thanks for the data! I installed these and a set of GB15s in my truck last year and couldn't be happier. Glad to see the data supports a solid speaker.
  18. L

Interested to see how NAD T778 measures and performs

Received the unit yesterday, dropping it off this afternoon for testing. I'll probably hook it up and listen to it for a bit before reading the review in case the headless panther makes an appearance.
  19. L

I could live with Bose speakers

I put in a JL system in my truck and it has a full DSP system built into the amplifier. Using REW, you can really fine tune the results and have several profiles at the ready depending on where you want the stage to be. If I had to do it again, I would probably look at MiniDSP for their Dirac...
Top Bottom