Search results

1. J

Active Room Treatment (ART) by Dirac

For what it’s worth, the actual commitment from JBL was to provide “free upgrades to future Dirac premium versions as new features are introduced”.
  2. J

Anthem AVM 90 Audio Video Preamp/Processor

The AVM90 NEVER made it to market with AKM. Very early production runs of the AVM70 did, but no the AVM90.
  3. J

KEF R3 Speaker Review

I agree. All reports I have read about over the years are a result of shipping. Never from sound while playing.
  4. J

Marantz Cinema 50 AVR Review

Also, no. Not in a passive set up. So, why don’t you tell us then. What is the “big difference” bi-amping a passive speakers makes? Or maybe take a few minutes and read this, https://www.audiosciencereview.com/forum/index.php?threads/bi-amping-101.22817/
  5. J

No. I’m not confused.
  6. J

Manufacturers like KEF speak to biamping to sell speakers to “audiophiles” that believe it makes a difference. Which, in a passive speaker, it doesn’t.
  7. J

JBL SDP 58 vs Monoprice Monolith HTP-1 Considerations and Purchase Advice

No, you shouldn't run into issues. I have had one running daily since April 2022 without issue. All HDMI and XLR connections. Sources are Apple TV4K, PlayStation, Panasonic DB-UB9000. Video signals to a Sony 77A80J. Mix of Buckeye and Parasound amplifiers. Firmware is mature. No noise what so...
  8. J

Anthem AVM 90 Audio Video Preamp/Processor

Anthem ADVERTISED the AV90 as having AKM DACs. Maybe a few prototypes were produced. However, when it was finally released, long after the release of the AV70, it had ESS DACs. The AV70 on the other hand, did use AKM for a brief moment, when it was first released. Then the AKM factory fire and...
  9. J

KEF LS50 Meta vs KEF R3

R3 with a pair of subs.
  10. J

DTSX Pro is for processing more than 12 discrete channels. I will likely never have a set up with more than 9-11 channels. I am not sure of any other benefit to DTSX pro.
  11. J

As already mentioned, the JBL comes with DLBC included, no additional cost, and a promise to include future upgrades/updates to Dirac for free (we’ll see). Mine has been trouble free for over a year now. It just works and is dead silent in my system. DTSX Pro is a nonissue for me. Both are...
  12. J

JBL SDP-55 Audio/Video Processor Review

When did you purchase yours? There was issues with the original XLR board that was fixed. The unit tested in this site was an early production unit with the defective board.
  13. J

JBL SDP-55 Audio/Video Processor Review

XLR and no noise at all. We usually don’t need to go about 72 on the volume and that’s loud in my system.
  14. J

Kef R Meta Series Release

No. This has been covered many other times since the LS50 meta were released.
  15. J

KEF R6 Meta R6 as LCR or 3 KEF R3 Meta

Agreed. Especially in a HT system. 100% R3 over the LS50.
  16. J

Processor Thoughts

The AudioControl units are Arcam based just like the JBL SDP's. However, I will vouch for the JBL. The SDP-55 tested here, was an early production run with hardware and software issues. The issues are now, mostly, resolved. I have had one running for a year with out issues, at least none that...
  17. J

No it’s not proof that they won’t be available until summer. The special edition models are the only ones that KEF specifically stated summer.
  18. J

Are you referring to the entire range? How do you know. The only thing I’ve seen is that the special edition R3 and R7 won’t be available until the summer.
Top Bottom