Search results

1. scherbakov_al

Streaming from my linux box.

Oh Gods! I'm happy with the recent discovery! I use Fedora 38 and was looking for a convenient, practical and adequate way to play tracks from Qobuz under Linux. In Windows and MacOS there are no problems with this thanks to Audirvana. But under Linux everything is different. Yesterday, while...
  2. scherbakov_al

Qobuz

I can confirm that qobuz, played back in firefox (on Linux), perfectly switches the sampling frequency of my smsl m500 DAC to the frequency of the track. Just a delight! Chrome doesn't do this for some reason. And no other programs are needed to play qobuz. The problem of playing tracks from...
  3. scherbakov_al

balanced mode radiator (BMR) speakers

How interesting. You can try to simulate the driver yourself thanks to these suggested models. What an interesting time we live in! https://www.comsol.ru/story/designing-the-gold-standard-of-immersive-audio-for-virtual-reality-gaming-90331
  4. scherbakov_al

SMSL M500 - Owners' Thread

It can be seen that the required firmware file is in your folder, the name of which contains hieroglyphs. Maybe this is driving the program crazy? Try to locate the firmware file simply on your desktop.
  5. scherbakov_al

strange SMSL M500 high 3rd harmonic

hmm ... but where did this comb around 1kHz come from?
  6. scherbakov_al

does your ST-Link have the latest firmware on board? (ST-LINK FW : V2J38S7)
  7. scherbakov_al

When everything is soldered and connected. Then everything is simple:
  8. scherbakov_al

I watched the topic "high 3rd harmonic". I also found this problem on my device. This caused frustration. Yesterday, thanks to @jdoe, I decided to reflash my device. Recently I have been studying programming of the STM32f103 microcontroller and realized that reflashing the device would not be a...
  9. scherbakov_al

strange SMSL M500 high 3rd harmonic

If the firmware is dated from last year, how can it fix the problem that was discovered this year? Have you tested your device after flashing?
  10. scherbakov_al

Sampling problem around multiple frequencies

I listened to a stationary signal with a "comb" and compared it with a signal that did not have a comb (at a close, adjacent frequency) but to which I added amplitude modulation. And indeed, when I added modulation, it was audible, but when there was just a visual comb, it was not audible. Thank...
  11. scherbakov_al

I understand. it does not make sense.
  12. scherbakov_al

Also 16000Hz and 9600 ..
  13. scherbakov_al

I tried an experiment. I generated a sinusoidal signal, the frequency of which ranged smoothly from 11999Hz to 12001Hz over 300 seconds. The sampling rate was 48000Hz. The bit depth is 32. I did this inside the Izotope program. I also did the same by connecting the balanced output of my S.M.S.L...
  14. scherbakov_al

Master Complaint Thread About Headphone Measurements

Can I ask you to make graphs of the same size? After all, the purpose of graphs is to compare different devices. You can open several browser tabs with different test graphs and switch between them. And compare. And if the graphs are of different sizes, they will complicate the comparison a...
  15. scherbakov_al

Sennheiser HD800S Review (Headphone)

Fine! Here it is, the correct graph for displaying harmonic distortion. It can be seen in what places and with what harmonics there may be problems.
  16. scherbakov_al

MQA: A Review of controversies, concerns, and cautions

I heard with confidence how my favorite albums sounded in mqa. Disappointment. I will never use mqa. It's worse than CD. But it is better than some of the other types of compression.
  17. scherbakov_al

Speaker THD's

Interestingly, the fundamental harmonic can be a standing wave in the room, and then the presence of additional harmonics due to distortion is even more audible. Those. you move into a space where the fundamental tone is subtracted and becomes quieter, but the 2nd or 3rd harmonic (due to...
  18. scherbakov_al

Speaker THD's

It's funny .. my reworked Microlab Pro 3, which I reworked a bit (changed twitter and redesigned the crossover). It played through SMSL M500 and Aiyima A07 on TPA3255. Distorted frequency response(not very good location of the microphone when measuring), but better thd distortion than some...
  19. scherbakov_al

Speaker THD's

I also see that this speaker is good too: neumann-kh-310a. But, perhaps Revel will be better ..
Top Bottom