Search results

1. Champster

SOLD - Revel Salon2 New Stock bought in July 2023. $9995 plus shipping

Sorry to hear of your tinnitus condition, Tony. Did this just come on or did you have it when you acquired the Salons? I wish I would have known about yours for sale as I just took delivery of a brand new pair.
  2. Champster

Floyd Toole: a Bio in The Cinema Connoisseur

Dr. Toole and I have exchanged many emails. He is a wonderfully nice man and very generous with his time and valuable wisdom. He even signed my copy of his 3rd Edition book. I still find it quite sad how some audio enthusiasts, without any regard for the scientific process, simply discount his...
  3. Champster

FS: JBL M2 Master Reference Monitor, Pair of SUB18 and BSS BLU800 System with all Cables

Sorry for the tardy update. The M2s & BLU800 are sold and in New Zealand, the SUB18s are sold and in Canada.
  4. Champster

FS: JBL M2 Master Reference Monitor, Pair of SUB18 and BSS BLU800 System with all Cables

Oh yes the Crown amps house the DSP config files which is really nifty to not require another box. When I moved to the non crown route it required a box for the DSP files. I used a BLU800 but any of them will do. If you’re just running the M2 (no subs) then the BLU50 is probably the best option...
  5. Champster

The Criwn amps are much higher powered amps and if achieving the highest SPL is important then you need that much power. I use the DCI 4|1200 initially. They sounded great but the fans were annoying and frankly I never played them nearly loud enough to need all that power.
  6. Champster

I initially used Crown amps but quickly found their fans intolerable and switched to VTV Amps using bridged Hypex modules rated at about 1000W. These worked wonderfully and I would highly recommend them. I still have the amps if you’re interested. I hope that helps.
  7. Champster

Haha it is definitely not a church. The two rooms are in different homes.
  8. Champster

They were very different from each other. The LX521.4 system has a soundstage like nothing I’ve ever heard before. A truly world class soundstage. I love how you can play them quietly (60dBish) and have a complete and full experience. Whereas the M2s have a pretty good soundstage but their real...
  9. Champster

SUB18s and BLU800 are spoken for... M2s look like they are going to New Zealand but not for sure yet. Paul
  10. Champster

Well there comes a time when we all have to part with our friends and this time is now for me. I've recently moved into my new home and am looking for a more modest system and have decided on the Linkwitz LX521.4 (shown in the picture). I can provide more pictures to interested buyers. I bought...
  11. Champster

SOLD!!!: JBL SDP-75 16 channel: SOLD!!!

hello neighbor, Do you still have your M2s?
  12. Champster

Linkwitz LX521 or JBL M2 ??

Hello tktran303, Yes, that probably was me, but let me please add important details that you missed. I sold the LX521s to prepare for a move across the country and packing them, without boxes and in multiple parts, seemed to be a recipe for disaster with the moving company where our furniture...
  13. Champster

Where is Erin based? It would be great to get one in either Amir's or Erin's hands to test, but I can only imagine that it would require a local owner to them to personally deliver & help set up the crossover, amps and speakers for testing. These are not simple little bookshelf speakers that you...
  14. Champster

JBL M2 versus 4367 Shootout

Remember, these are Pro amps used in applications where there are many in use at a single time. They needed to have a way to connect them all and you'll see when you get the amps and the users manuals that they can all be managed by a single networked computer. it is really cool technology, but...
  15. Champster

I don't see the 5628 being anything other than a couple of SUB18s but someone else may have a different opinion. I, frankly, haven't looked that close at the 5628 to be qualified to say anything other than what said in the previous post. Use an ethernet cable between your computer and amp. No...
  16. Champster

The 5628 uses 2 of the 2269h drivers instead of one in the SUB18, making the cabinet very large (probably 2x a SUB18). The specs seems to be almost identical with each producing sub 20hz in-room response but with 2x the output. It’d be like having a stereo pair of SUB18s except that they’d be...
  17. Champster

Great points, Fluid! I completely concur with your point on recouping your investment and the use/type of music of the Linkwitz speakers. Which is another reason I keep both.
  18. Champster

ZVU is right on but you don't build the M2, you buy it. You build the LX521.4. Nevertheless, I like his point. I own both the Linkwitz LX521.4 and the M2 (& later added the SUB18s). I agree with ZVU, go with the M2 (without the SUB18) at first. You'll love both as they are both truly at the top...
  19. Champster

Hey manojrc. You’re in for some exciting times ahead and with Amir and Erin’s recent testing of the M2s you’re way more knowledgeable about your purchase than I was. Re: adding the sub, the advantage to separating the cabinet for the lowest frequencies are many. Although the M2 can be very...
Top Bottom