Search results

1. G

Totem Acoustics Rainmaker Speaker Review

Have the Rainmakers in the kitchen, need to use Paradigm PW-Link's equalization to make them listenable... they replaced $50 Minimus 7's which didn't. However have the Hawks in the bedroom and they are a very nice sounding speaker and no equalization is used.
  2. G

Topping PA5 fix - D01 Module Replacement for everyone

Hi Gamerpaddy, success! I ordered both dip boards and populated surface mount single sided boards with 1656 stage1 1602 stage2 op amps. Unfortunately I damaged the main board desoldering the D01 module by pulling out the trace pin on Left tip input. I used an ohm meter to find the right...
  3. G

Topping PA5 fix - D01 Module Replacement for everyone

Thank you for both the PCB design and the tutorial on how to order. Great learning experience. Ordered single side DIP version.
  4. G

connect echo 3.5 to Toslink of DAC unit =24 bit ?

Yup, landfills filled with abandoned products. Fortunately the Logitech Media Server still gets updates by the community and is a great server... just no Amazon Music as there isn't a published API. The Wiim will find it and stream from it as well. But even big companies aren't immune to...
  5. G

I have squeezebox touches gathering dust as Logitech dropped the product line. I have Paradigm PW Links that still aren't gapless after years of PlayFi "real soon now". The Wiim into the Paradigm finally delivers it.
  6. G

I have 7 of them. 24 bit, 192khz max. Need a good wifi signal. They work fine... no drama. Toslink out into a DAC is bit perfect at 100 volume.
  7. G

Review and Measurements of Paradigm PW-Link Streamer/DAC

In the PC version, it is fairly straightforward. I have not used smartphone versions. Just don't do dramatic changes, downward tilt is an option in the modification settings
  8. G

I like to use ARC to correct the room, then put a 4dB (modify to preference) downward flat slope from low to high frequency.
  9. G

What is the BEST amp below $200? and $150

Or the newly released 3e Audio 3255 amp
  10. G

Plug: DC Power 12V 5.5mm x 2.5mm Barrel Male Plug Connector 9FT Pigtail 16AWG (2 PCK) https://smile.amazon.com/dp/B07RXQHXR6/ref=cm_sw_r_em_apa_fabc_rbeSFbV53KH5T?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1 Plus a MeanWell 7.3 amp or for full power a 12.5 Amp 48v supply. Measure and adjust the output voltage pot to...
  11. G

I think you would be happy as well with the TPA3255 with a 48v supply. There are a few vendors available, but make sure they have regulators and capacitors that handle 48v. Price in the power supply too, THD drops with increasing voltage. It is a great sounding amp.
  12. G

Okay. From my experience, the TPA3255 sounds better than tripath, but I'm not familiar with the amp series you have. What else is in your system from source to speakers?
  13. G

Seeking Cost/Performance Input and Thoughts: Hypex vs Purifi vs Benchmark

I have a VTV Purifi Amp driving Vandersteen 3a signatures I'm very happy with and an Aiyima A07 (TPA3255 at 48v) driving Totem Hawks I'm very happy with. Either is a decent choice.
  14. G

Philosophically, you can have that fear of missing out (FOMO) on any piece of audio, independent of cost. What is important is if you enjoy the sound you have now, be happy. You can always spend more and then more and have lingering doubt that somehow you are missing something, even at the...
  15. G

There was a Play-fi update to firmware pushed a few days ago. I had to update firmware before it would play.
  16. G

No, it won't pull the power unless it needs it. It doesn't always pull the 10A. That's the maximum it can put out.
  17. G

Actually 7.3Amps is under powered for rhe full power the TPA3255 can drive. For example 4 ohm speakers 48v/4ohms = 12 amps. For 8 ohm speakers then 6 amps suffices. So if you have a 10 amp 48v supply you are in better shape than me.
  18. G

3e audio amp when in stock would be an option, but it has been sold out. So I'm happy with an Aiyima A07 TPA3255 amp $69 on sale with upgraded LM4562 Op Amps $17 and a Meanwell 48vdc 7.3amp supply, $28. (I feed it with Topping E30 $129.) Plus a power cord and some wire and a power connector...
  19. G

Vandersteen 3A Sig's sound DEAD and Lifeless...Can the SHD save them?

Hi, I use Vandersteen 3A signatures with a VTV Purifi Amp and fed by a Topping E30 DAC out of a Paradigm PW-Link using Anthem room correction with a 5 point measurement and a downward slope profile. I like the room correction difference, as like you I had measured significant bumps and dips...
Top Bottom