Search results

1. F

What IEMs do you own?

Moondrop Aria Moondrop Variations I was never a 'headphone' type, but I loved my Aria's so much I picked up the Variations recently and I'm very pleased that I did!
  2. F

Ifi Hip-Dac V2 or HIDIZS DH80S

I'm pretty new to wired iem/headphones. I picked up the Moondrop Aria and Drop 6xx recently along with an Ifi Zen V2. I love it! Now, I'm considering one of these two portable options. I really enjoy the Xbass on the Zen. I've seen one review that seemed to indicate that the Xbass on the...
  3. F

Why are headphone amplifiers still so important to audiophiles?

I just completed a new PC build using a Gigabyte 570s Aorus Master. I eyed this board in particular for reasons including the nicer DAC and 'amp' section. The entire PC build was aiming for an 'audiophile' oriented air cooled silent machine to help lower my noise floor in my house. 3 140mm...
  4. F

Revel F35 Speaker Review

I'm not sure we are on the same page and I understand how it might be confusing. For starters, I bought the MiniDSP calibrated mic. I paid the $100 so I could see a pretty accurate picture of what my system is actually doing. I had almost purchased some room treatment panels and I got an earful...
  5. F

Revel F35 Speaker Review

Like I said, I'm not sure how it would sound, but that was to my eyes the most 'flat' curve I could squeeze out of it. It's only hot by about +2/3db in the top end and that gets it finished up at what I might call about flat at 20k compared to the rest of the measurement. Compared to what I...
  6. F

Revel F35 Speaker Review

I just spent a really beautiful spring afternoon indoors fascinated with running sweeps with REW. I know my initial measurements looked pretty bad at the top end and it left me with questions as to why. So, I reran Audyssey (twice) to be sure I had an accurate capture with it. I used 6 instead...
  7. F

Revel F35 Speaker Review

I've still got my Adire Audio Rava that I bought almost 20 years ago. It's a 12" sealed with a 250 watt class a/b (I'm pretty sure) plate amp built in. I can't really move it much in my space. It is sort of where it has to be. I will be interested to see how it specifically measures and what...
  8. F

Revel F35 Speaker Review

I gave in and bought a MiniDSP calibrated mic for REW. I just got it and I probably haven't completely figured REW out, but according to a few videos and guides I've seen including from here - I should be in the ballpark of taking accurate measurements. I didn't take multiple measurements from...
  9. F

Audyssey Room EQ Review

I know, I've seen the recommendation to use a much lower eq limit. I just ignored it, but I might give it a try and make a few more tweaks and see if I find a nice balance. There's no doubt that I actually prefer what Audyssey does with some material. Even with it set like it is. What...
  10. F

Audyssey Room EQ Review

I haven't read this entire 24 page thread, but I did come here to start looking through it to see if there was any mention of something I just discovered after over a year of using Audyssey exclusively with 2 channel and otherwise. Somebody over on a Roon forum tipped me off that in pursuit...
  11. F

Parasound 23+

I'm not sure this answers any questions, but Zero Fidelity did a review on the JC5 (2018) and cracked it open to discuss the internals and at 9:40 he notes the 'vintage' Toshiba JFETS: Obviously, not the A23+ in 2021. So, idk if that is relevant to this discussion. I'm really enjoying my...
  12. F

Parasound 23+

Thanks! I got mine in from Music Direct this week. It's in perfect condition. Very glad to see that. I haven't done blind testing or anything drastic with it. Just getting it dialed in with the Denon Audyssey and spinning through a few new SACD discs. I would love to be able to do a blind...
  13. F

Denon AVR-X4700 AVR Review (Updated)

I agree, the F35 isn't the easiest speaker to drive, but the Denon handles it well. At least in 2 channel. It probably draws out a really nice performance level from the Denon, but that's not an area I can really comment on with authority in a 'science' forum. Just my subjective option. It...
  14. F

My 4500 isn't hurting for power to drive my current mains, Revel F35s. I picked that speaker because it was my understanding that it was easy to drive with an AVR and the 4500 drives them very well. The lowest frequencies could probably be better controlled, but I also can't give them all the...
  15. F

I haven't read this entire thread, but I did notice this post and I was just questioning why I don't see more people comment on the benefits of having Audyssey in the Denon for use with external amplification. I was really super impressed with what Audyssey was able to do with my same speakers...
  16. F

Parasound 23+

I'm curious if there is anything against one of the other authorized online dealers, Music Direct? Music Direct Demo Units These are listed as 'Demo Units' which they state implies they were used 'in the office for sales training.' Which sounds like a pretty easy life if true. I don't...
  17. F

Revel F35 Speaker Review

Thanks for your input.... Before I actually got these I might have believed that I would do mostly the same and run them crossed over most of the time, but as it turns out I find myself running them far more full range without the sub. Not with movies or gaming, obviously. Lots of modern music...
  18. F

Revel F35 Speaker Review

I do have a sub to run with them. To be fair probably any alternative I was considering would have required a sub too, but maybe at a lower price point and possibly with less constraint for placement. Another reason why I question if the M16 wouldn't have been just as good for my space. I think...
  19. F

Revel F35 Speaker Review

This sort of reignited my thoughts on these F35s. Speaking of 'better' things out there - I looked at a few of the popular options like the KEF LS50, Magnepan LRS, etc. I also considered Triangle Bros and Wharfedale Evo 4.2. What it came down to for me with those options were the added expense...
Top Bottom