Search results

1. R

AIYIMA A300 Review (Stereo Amplifier)

@amirm was it tested in "direct" or "tone" mode? I believe "tone" mode may introduce some performance impact.
  2. R

JBL M2 Reference Master Monitor Review

@hardisj thank you for all your hard work Erin. Too bad links to your website are censored on ASR.
  3. R

Shenzhenaudio Topping EX5 Review (DAC and Headphone Amplifier)

Latest firmware kinda "fixed" the issue by disabling gain switching when in "pre" mode. Miss my L30 a little bit now :)
  4. R

XTZ 99.25 LCR Measurements

It's already few weeks as I switched to XTZ 99.25 as main (after using Audiovector QR1). First and the most what I was lacking in QR1 and what 99.25 has is that "big" "room filling" sound. Plus 99.25 just has more bass and can be cranked louder. Also, 99.25 handles panning effects very nicely...
  5. R

I must say, bluetooth in EX5 is an awesome addition - now my wife and guest can easily stream music from their phones :) Too bad @amirm and @WolfX-700 have not measured BT -> RCA / XLR performance, would be nice to see how it performs.
  6. R

Just received my unit yesterday. Nicely built, looking good. Found a small issue - while playing music from pc tried to switch gain from "lo" to "hi" and there was no sound after that (switching back from "hi" to "lo" not helped) until I switched off to stand-by and switched back on.
  7. R

Sometimes you may want to turn on (or do not turn off) bluetooth on your phone to connect some other device (like smart watch, etc).
  8. R

I've found highs on XTZ a bit harsh at first, but -2dB (using back panel plugs) solved the issue for me. Regarding lows - comparing with B&W 607 and Audiovector QR1, XTZ blows both out of the water. XTZ has pretty impactful bass in a nice quantity, at least for a bookshelf speaker - so Seas...
  9. R

@Martist I'm also owning a XTZ 99.25 mk2 currently and want to buy R3 in the future, so I'm quite interested in a subjective comparison from you :)
  10. R

I was thinking about modifying existing crossover and something like 2.5KHz :)
  11. R

I know this is a tradeoff but still, I think SEAS woofer is doing even worse at 3.5KHz, or not?
  12. R

I still cannot understand why they crossed drivers at 3.5kHz, 2-2.5kHz seems more reasonable to me looking at specs of both drivers. Is there any reasoning behind this?
  13. R

DIY 250W/4ohm amplifier based on "blameless" topology, and measurements

Thank you for explanation. I saw thread on diyaudio some time ago which discussed exactly this method but with a difference - they proposed R/C. This does helped me to get rid of hum (after picking correct resistance value), but after adding pre-amp hum returned (although, not as much as...
  14. R

DIY 250W/4ohm amplifier based on "blameless" topology, and measurements

@pma I have a bit stupid question, but what is "rth//c" and how exactly it helps to prevent grounding issues?
  15. R

We are ready to launch an upgraded version of A07 Pro. Can you tell us what functions do you hope to add to A07?

built-in power supply; PFFB; better op-amps; pass-through (to be able to add a headphone amp in chain);
  16. R

Issues with 3e Audio TP3255

@Wrayster I see you're using RCA inputs and PE is connected to chasis, I'd highly recommend you to take a look at Hypex NC400 datasheet: Note: in my case using 4.7R instead of 100R helped to eliminate all the noise across entire range of volume pot.
Top Bottom