Search results

1. Michael Guntsche

Review and Measurements of Topping D50 DAC

In this case it is not so much about missbehaving. Out of the box native DSD is only enabled if a drive is mentioned in this file. Ropieee is for example adding DACs this way ... https://github.com/RoPieee/ropieee-kernel/blob/master/usb-dsd-quirks.patch or...
  2. Michael Guntsche

To rule out a driver issue with foobar (or better extension issue).
  3. Michael Guntsche

See https://audiosciencereview.com/forum/index.php?threads/review-and-measurements-of-topping-d50-dac.2403/page-24#post-74155 for an alternative driver setup with foobar otherwise test it with Roon or JRiver like dwalme said.
  4. Michael Guntsche

As for native linux support, can someone post an lspci output with the D50 attached so we can quickly check if it should have native support, otherwise quirks.c needs to be modified.
  5. Michael Guntsche

hi, I was about to write a lenghty post of the top of my head (since I am not in front of my machine right now) but then I found a nice writeup regarding DSD support here...
  6. Michael Guntsche

Well Asio can do native DSD which WASAPI cannot do.
  7. Michael Guntsche

Review and Measurements of Topping D10 DAC

For me the main problem was availability. I had a SACD compatible player back then and I bought some SACDs, but the music I was interested in was not available as SACD. As a result I bought some albums would normally not listen to just because they were available which ultimately ment that I did...
  8. Michael Guntsche

If you really want to satisfy your GAS go with a RME Adi-2 Dac. :)
  9. Michael Guntsche

Yep it's Austria, near the Slovenian border, so a 3 hour drive. Feel free to drop me a note when you are around.
  10. Michael Guntsche

Yeah, thesycon, stupid typo. I listened to DSD the first time around 18 years ago and back then it was something new compared to CDs, since it could do multi channel and just really sounded nice that way but with today's lossless hi-res formats I do not hear a difference... well maybe I am too...
  11. Michael Guntsche

There are Vendors who provide custom drivers for their products and there are even asio compatible ones. But for the consumer market you normally do not have that and do not need it either. That said, a lot of the DACs I saw have an xmos chip and more or less use the same USB driver for it for...
  12. Michael Guntsche

Yes Foobar is sending native DSD via the ASIO driver to the DAC. without the specific ASIO driver you can only do DoP. It is a driver thing. DoP shoehorns the DSD data into PCM packets and therefore you either need a high frequency or more channels or both depending on the DSD you want to send...
  13. Michael Guntsche

I tested it with roon, audirvana and decibel, but I can give it a short test with jriver as well when I am back home.
  14. Michael Guntsche

That's correct, but USB 2.0 itself does not support native DSD. Once again with a max supported frequency of 384kHz 256DSD via DoP is not possible. Hmm, some clarification. 256DSD is not possible with a frequency of 384kHz and two channels. If the output has 4 channels 256DSD with 384kHz would...
  15. Michael Guntsche

I am not seeing where it says DSD256 in DoP mode on this site. As for the mac not supporting it. If you do not have specific drivers available for your OS "only" PCM output is possible. DoP piggy backs the DSD signal on PCM and for DSD256 it needs a supported frequence of 768kHz which the D10...
  16. Michael Guntsche

Well I should have written that before. On my Mac which does not support native DSD only DoP, I can go up to DSD128. On windows with the asio driver DSD256 should be possible. I say should because I never tried it with this DAC but with another one and there it worked, so I am preety sure it...
  17. Michael Guntsche

This very well may be but currently the D10 only supports a frequency up to 384kHz therefore no player will try to/can transmit DSD256 via DoP. If a firmware update increases the supported frequencies then of course it would work. And yes with the driver under windows you can run native DSD256...
  18. Michael Guntsche

Of course this can be send by the player BUT the DAC has to support it as well. For DSD256 to work you need 768kHz support from it. The D10 only does 384 therefore cannot support anything higher than DSD128. From the link you posted. The solution described above for 64FS DSD can easily be...
  19. Michael Guntsche

DoP cannot do DSD256 since this would require 768kHz support which the D10 does not have.
  20. Michael Guntsche

That's marketing talk. :) Native you can go up to DSD256, DoP only allows up to DSD128.
Top Bottom