Search results

1. F

Speaker sensitivity, amp power calculation and bass management

If I understand things correctly, in the world of cinema and home-cinema, the norm is that each speaker should be able to reproduce sound at a reference level of 85 dBC SPL at the main listening position, with a 20 dB headroom. It follows that the power needed to reach that level can be...
  2. F

On the relationship between preamps dBFS scale, pre-out V RMS and balanced vs unbalanced

Could someone please explain to me if it is possible for any preamp to calculate for any given position on the dBFS scale a pre-out output based on a known dBFS/preout value? I.E. a given preamp measures 1.4 V RMS on it’s preouts when the volume is set at -0 dBFS. From there, can we know where...
  3. F

AVR using preouts + internal amplification

Hi everyone, In the context of using an AV Receiver‘s preouts for the front stage but using internal amplification for the 4 surround channels in a 7.1 configuration, I would like to understand how this mixed setup works to avoid running into a less than optimal situation. I have indeed...
  4. F

Yamaha DSP-Z7 (or RX-Z7): obsolete?

Good afternoon everyone, this is my first post in this forum. Thanks to Amin and to all the contributors who send him their gear for testing. It seems, at last, that we are moving out of the dark ages of audio thanks to you all :) If I lived in the USA I would not hesitate ask Amin if I could...
Top Bottom