Search results

1. Saffy

Aries Femto streamer volume control quality?

Am buying the Chord Qutest DAC and it has NO volume control.. So forced to use the volume control on my Aires, as my amp has no remote. I absolutely need a remote volume control.. Problem is that early-on Aires recommended that we not use theirs and instead use the volume control on your DAC -...
  2. Saffy

Topping D90se 2.6Vrms @0dBFS (5V Mode) output?

Hi, ordered Topping D90se, please help with these two questions: 1/ If I select the 2.6Vrms @0dBFS (5V Mode) output, could the 5v harm my 300b amp in any way - over the regular 2.1Vrms @0dBFS (4V Mode). Running RCA. Also 2/ I want to connect a Subwoofer to my D90SE (both amp and sub have RCA...
  3. Saffy

Hum from my Tube amp (300B) - Please help!

How to eliminate hum from my 300B amp? I've tried both a cheater-plug, and disconnected everything except amp and speakers - didn't help Any suggestions are most welcome Thanks
  4. Saffy

WXC-50 - how to bypass DAC??

Hi, I want to by-pass the Yamaha DAC, and use an external DAC (which BTW has no volume control). Hoping that I could JUST use the pre-amp (volume) and streamer of the Yamaha - again, without its DAC. I engaged the Player and Direct modes using Coax out, though un-listenable, as I cant...
  5. Saffy

My new music server - what format please (Mac to PC)??

Hi , have Mac music server and want to transfer all to new external HD - for exclusive use with my Pro-ject S2 Ultra Streamer. What format should I use exFAT, FAT32 , or other? I'm a PC guy so will be adding future music files that way. I have 50,000+ tracks going into 2TB HD Thank you
  6. Saffy

Linear Power supply?? - Pro-ject S2 Ultra streamer

Hi, Is it worthwhile to upgrade the PS on the Pro-ject S2 Ultra streamer with one from the UK for $2-300, or take a chance on a Chinese one for $100? Or is this a waste of time and $? Thank you, as always
  7. Saffy

Good hard drive for streaming lossless??

Hi, Any HD brand or spec suggestions? I have a Pro-ject S2 Ultra streamer and about 700MG of ripped CDs in FLAC in an old HD. I suppose it should be SSD? Please help
  8. Saffy

AES or Coax from Transport to DAC?

Hi, I have a formally great Carmen II transport from Theta - with just Coax or AES outs. Which would be best for a Topping D90? Thanks
  9. Saffy

Best value streamer with no DAC

Hi, looking for a streamer without a DAC to pair with a Topping D90. Budget is under $500-1000, and I'm prepared to by-pass the on-board DAC if no pure streamers are available. I need wireless connection to my network, bit perfect I wish to stream high rez. Any suggestion would be appreciated...
Top Bottom