Search results

1. J

Linkwitz LX521.4 - new build and impressions

Such systems are not for people who can't see beyond a couple of lines on the graph or blindly cling to some scoring system that is barely a guide line for how something can be heard.
  2. J

It should be kept in mind with which system Mr. Linkwitz measured. I'm sure he did the best he could. Proof of his theory is that the Sound Power DI is excellent on the LXmini. The concept is excellent, and it can be shaped very well.
  3. J

Not true. Each speaker is not loaded and works in the comfort zone. On the simulation you can see Xmax for FU10-4 at 10W and 50W
  4. J

So far, no one has complained about the tweeter. I took four pieces for LX521.4
  5. J

But it is more realistic that it will be mW. I've never seen the point of measuring at 5W. a more realistic picture is obtained when measuring at 100mW, 500mW, 1W. at 5W almost all of them work well.
  6. J

Don't worry about the power of the amplifier. Any amplifier will do for that purpose. There won't be more than 1-3W. What should be taken into account when choosing an amplifier is that distortions must not increase with frequency.
  7. J

LXmini Clone

Measurements are not in room they are quasi anechoic.
  8. J

LXmini Clone

Xo LR2. You can see in first post all DSP settings. Settings are change a little over time but i will publish final DSP data for all folks. THD is quite narrow, 2nd harmonic, i wound not bother with that. Tube is made from inner tube and outer tube, between is filled with quartz sand.
  9. J

LXmini Clone

Mid-bass is Mivoc?
  10. J

Erin's Top 5 Speakers regardless of price (June 2023)

Let's not go off topic. If you don't like something, feel free to open a topic. Back to the topic of this interesting video that is so requested by viewers. Lintons are wonderful to listen to.
  11. J

LXmini Clone

Updated XO and measurements. Quasi anechoic measurements. Gate 250hz. Smoothing 1/24. Reverse polarity.
  12. J

Neumann KH 150 Monitor Review

Can't wait for someone to open it :)
  13. J

Amir, we need your Salon2 spins

Please give non normalised.
  14. J

Pass Labs HPA-1 Headphone Amp Review

Idiots from diyaudio.com locked the thread.
  15. J

Pass Labs HPA-1 Headphone Amp Review

https://www.diyaudio.com/community/threads/pass-labs-hpa-1-bad-joke.392457/#post-7180543
  16. J

linkwitz lxmini

Linkwitz provided the recipe, the rest is up to the DIY community. The effect that this concept gives cannot be achieved with a conventional speaker concept. So it can hardly be compared with 100 dollar speakers. Thinking outside the box isn't so bad sometimes. I'm very happy with the concept, I...
  17. J

Elac Carina BS243.4 Review (Bookshelf Speaker)

Dip is maybe because of reverse polarity. Manufacturer mistake?
Top Bottom