Search results

1. C

Graphic equaliser Vs DSP (or similar)

I'm looking into room correction and I was just wondering if it were possible to use one of those old boxes known as a graphic equaliser instead of something like mini DSP (et al)? For example: I could use a UMIK-1 connected to my computer along with REW, pass a test tone through my speakers...
  2. C

Class D and tripping circuit breakers

Hey guys, longtime lurker. Sorry of this is a dumb question: I'm rather impressed by the reviews and measurements of new class D amplifiers and are on the hunt for a new stereo/monoblock amplifier(s). I have 2 class A monoblocks that are 1000 watts each. The plug socket they are plugged...
  3. C

Switching between A\B speakers on Vincent SP991 Plus monoblock amplifiers

Hello, I have a pair of Vincent SP-991 Plus monoblock amplifiers and Vincent SA-93 preamplifier. I also have 2 pairs of floorstanding speakers. I wanted to switch between the 2 pairs of speakers, but there is no "A\B" switch on any of the amps. There is however, 2 pairs of speaker terminals on...
  4. C

Raspberry pi streamer

Hi guys, Perhaps there has been a post on this (although I couldn't find it?)- I know I can set up a raspberry pi as a streamer, I wanted to plug the USB from a RPI into my d90 DAC. However, a lot of the rapberry pi streaming solutions require a server or pc that has to be turned on (e.g...
  5. C

Recapping advise for an old amp

Hi guys, Once again, im praying to the audio Gods for their guidance! I have a pair of Denon 4400a monoblock amplifiers (20ish years old). They have both had new Mundorf power capacitors (The largest capacitors). I wanted to replace the smaller audio capacitors myself as I wanted to learn how...
  6. C

Power conditioner for Euro plugs.

Hello guys, I was interested in purchasing the Tacima 6 way power conditioner and the Tacima parallel mains conditioner (linked below). They have got a lot of positive review and don't break the bank (I don't want/have not got 1000's to spend on some of the higher end power conditioners.) My...
  7. C

Recapping-what exactly is it?

Ok, so as the title suggests, this is quite a nooby question (because I am one!). I thought I knew what recapping meant-bear with me... I went to see a friend of a friend who works on amplifiers. I asked him if he could recap my amplifier to which he said "which caps?", which left me a bit...
  8. C

Squealing sounds from left speaker

Hello guys, Just wondering if anyone could help me? I have an intermittent technical problem and it's driving me insane! I have recently purchased 2 secondhand Denon POA 4400a monoblock amplifiers which I have connected to a preamp and a DAC which connects to my laptop. I had been using them...
  9. C

Decent inexpensive (relatively) XLR cables

Hello guys, another cable thread I'm afraid! I am looking for some decent XLR cables for my hifi system. Some of the prices for the "higher end" audiophile cables are just crazy. Is there anyone in China who reverse engineers, for example, what audioquest produce or similar? Has anyone here...
  10. C

Parts for Denon 4400a monoblocks

Hi guys/girls I have just received 2 Denon 4400a monoblocks secondhand. I purchased them both from 2 different sellers. I thought it might be a good idea to take the cases off and look inside both of them and when I opened them up, to my surprise, they were slightly different inside. One of...
  11. C

Vincent sa 93 input impedence

Hello, Does anyone know the output impedence for a vincent sa 93 pre amp? I'm trying to find a preamp to go with my denon 4400a monoblocks. I've read that the output impedence of the Denons is 25k. A lot of vincent power amp input impedence is 47k but I can't find anywhere the output impedence...
  12. C

Streaming/Hi-res audio

Hi guys. Im quite new to the world of hi-fi. I've recently spent the pennies on a pair of secondhand Denon 4400a monoblocks-now I just have to figure out the best way to supply music to them. I'm quite invested in the whole idea of separates and that if something has a separate power supply...
  13. C

anyone know about AVM evolution M1

Hi guys, I've seen advertised a pair of German made AVM evolution M1 monoblock amplifiers (late 80s/early 90s). I couldn't find a review for these online but by translating a couple of German forums, it appears that they run rather hot. Has anyone ever had any experience with these? Sound...
  14. C

Low impedence valve amps/bi amping in general

Good morning guys. Complete newbie here so I'll try not to sound too stupid! 1)I was after recommendations for a valve pre amp with output impedence <200 ohm and less than £500/$625 (new or used). I am concidering a preamp for a quad 606 (input impedence 20k). 2) is any preamp cabable of bi...
Top Bottom