Search results

1. C

Graphic equaliser Vs DSP (or similar)

It's basically an app feature in Spotify and Tidal where you can "cast" from the app to various devices/streamers/raspberry pi etc
  2. C

Do you know if Qobuz offers "Qobuz connect", like Spotify and Tidal? That would seal the deal for me. Cheers
  3. C

Qobus did come to my country a couple of years ago, I could certainly give that a whirl (I believe there is a free trial) Many thanks
  4. C

Agree! Looks like something Mr Spock would use on the bridge of the Enterprise!
  5. C

I have tried the DSP pluggin on volumio but it corrupts the MQA. I was guessing that a physical old school graphic equaliser wouldn't do this, but again, I could be wrong. Many thanks
  6. C

I see, so the adjustments one can make with a graphic equaliser are not fine enough? Many thanks for your reply
  7. C

I'm looking into room correction and I was just wondering if it were possible to use one of those old boxes known as a graphic equaliser instead of something like mini DSP (et al)? For example: I could use a UMIK-1 connected to my computer along with REW, pass a test tone through my speakers...
  8. C

Class D and tripping circuit breakers

Good question. Apart from constantly tripping the circuit breaker, they weigh 30kg each and are a nightmare to move. If for any reason, I had to take them for repair, my back would not thank me lugging them down the stairs. I never considered that it may be hard to find amplifiers as good or...
  9. C

I've not heard of a UPS before. That's possibly another option. Many thanks
  10. C

I live with my girlfriend's parents in a really old house (not properly insulated and single pane windows!). She said that the house was rewired in the early 90s. The fuse box regularly trips for vacuum cleaners etc. Trying to convince her parents to update the house is an uphill battle. Perhaps...
  11. C

Thank you, that's sound advice!
  12. C

I'm not sure that they do-is that what an above member called a "snubber"?
  13. C

That's pretty interesting. What instrument do you use to measure that? If you had to guess, what do you think would be the power draw on start up of a class a amp with the same amount of watts as your class D Buckeye?
  14. C

From what people have said on this thread, then a class D would be less likely to trip than class a so your suggestion could be the way to go. many thanks
  15. C

I turn one on at a time. Sometimes, It takes 5 or 6 times to turn one on, other times, I can turn both on without them tripping once.
  16. C

They are Vincent sp 991 plus monoblocks. They are massive, weigh 30kg each and they run very hot! I can't listen to them presently as I'm waiting for a new pair new speaker relays to arrive in the post for one of them. Part of my desire to replace with class D is the convenience-if they break...
  17. C

Thank you, that is very useful to know. Perhaps I will pay an electrician to install one of these before I roll the dice on a new amp!
  18. C

Hey there. Speaker sensitivity is 90db and I usually sit quite close at about 2.5-3 meters.
  19. C

Hey guys, longtime lurker. Sorry of this is a dumb question: I'm rather impressed by the reviews and measurements of new class D amplifiers and are on the hunt for a new stereo/monoblock amplifier(s). I have 2 class A monoblocks that are 1000 watts each. The plug socket they are plugged...
Top Bottom