Search results

1. Zvu

Just sold my LS50 Wireless - what next?

Coaxial design will be less sensitive to ear position in the vertical plane. If your chair height isn't something you change too often, the difference will be negligible. March Audio Sointuva is too large for listening distance of 1m. You needn't go for a setup without dirac. You can opt for...
  2. Zvu

It depends on who will build your cabinets and place where you live. Prices of transducers can vary considerably.
  3. Zvu

@Ricku If you will look at diy, i'd recommend this monitor from Heissmann https://heissmann-acoustics.de/en/dxt-mon-rnx/
  4. Zvu

Monacor Triax 15 - quasi-coax with mid in a magic eraser "enclosure"

Here's the original thread: https://www.diy-hifi-forum.eu/forum/showthread.php?20098-Projekt-TRIAX
  5. Zvu

Not considering the price, just the sound quality. which one sounds better, Neumann KH 150+kh7502.2 or Neumann KH420?

These kind of questions baffle me. While i don't know where are you from, if you are willing to throw that amount of money on speakers, shouldn't it be worth it to go to the dealership and listen for yourself ? If we put presumptions and guesstimate responses from people who never listened it...
  6. Zvu

Wharfedale Linton 85th Anniversary speaker review & measurements by Erin's Audio Corner

Maybe this will be useful to someone. Use two plastic cards (old id or old credit card). Insert one between grill and cabinet, then insert other between the first card and the cabinet. Wiggle it a bit and then move them through the groove between grill and the cabinet. Voila, no damage to the...
  7. Zvu

Wharfedale Linton 85th Anniversary speaker review & measurements by Erin's Audio Corner

Well that way you can twist anything i write if you want. Only the ones that lived or are living in a building know what level of understanding you need to have to be a good neighbour. You hear noise bleeding into your space all the time but you have to be aware that you are not living in a...
  8. Zvu

You're right. If we account for the difference in median salary and living standard, Serbia is probably much more expensive place for average citizen.
  9. Zvu

Of course but that's a two way street: they should want to stay on good terms with me. We can find a solution that suites us both - in case of hifi i'd be ready to do some acoustic isolation of the dividing wall, cealing and/or floor. But i would never choose my hifi based on what anybody says...
  10. Zvu

In my opinion, that lush bass is one of the highlights of these loudspeakers and it can not survive a sock in the reflex port. Most standmount speakers announce their presence in room with midrange or highs, but Lintons do it with strength, flesh and body in midbass and bass. Midrange, while...
  11. Zvu

New Kii Seven

WG is incorporated in trim around transducers and is probably custom. I guess we will know what the tweeter looks like when Erin opens it :)
  12. Zvu

New Kii Seven

It looks like transducers used in Seven are exactly the same as in Three. There is no logic to be otherwise. If the midrange and tweeter from Three can withstand and cooperate with 4 woofers, then they are more than capable to deal with two (spl wise). Why would anyone change the midrange and...
  13. Zvu

What electronic audio products you want tested most

This one could be good https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005004784269635.html
  14. Zvu

Wharfedale adds larger Dovedale to Heritage line

And when i pulled the tweeter out from my Lintons, sticker on the magnet said Denton :)
  15. Zvu

Erin's Top 5 Speakers regardless of price (June 2023)

I'd gladly change my Linton for Kef Ref 1 meta, but i'm not that rich :) I was pleasantly surprised by the sound of PSB Passif 50. Too bad Erin never measured it.
  16. Zvu

Linton is wrong name for this loudspeaker. It should have been Pacificators :)
  17. Zvu

Naah... i just don't believe you. You should measure it in your room to prove it :) Anyway, rock on :cool:
  18. Zvu

Are you aware of extremely limited audibility of diffraction effect such is that ? It does look worse at that one axis but if you examined Erin's measurements, you can see quite clearly what is net effect of grills off in estimated in-room response curve. There is clear drop in highs (-1dB to...
  19. Zvu

I'm sorry, but i still don't understand what you mean. There are measurements and all the data in the first post of the thread. Or are you implying that Darko should do some measurements Erin didn't do or forgot to do ? What Erin shared is more than enough to draw valid conclusions about...
Top Bottom