Search results

1. S

how directional are ears 320Hz - 500 Hz?

How directional are human ears at and above 320 Hz? How many decibels apart depending on whether the sound is from front or back? In a friend's listening room, with an omni-directional measurement mic, I can measure some bad influence, elevating decibel figures on average, of the wall behind...
  2. S

room size resonance mismatch

5.15 meters from the wall behind the speakers to the wall behind the listening sofa (the left side - in the view of the listener - is open to some additional space, another room, kitchen, and hallway) (343/5.15)*(1/2) = 33.3 Hz However, the room resonance frequency when L and R speakers are...
  3. S

different wall distance recommendation - Bose 901

Any insights? Especially, the Japanese recommendation is very different. the distance from the rear of the speaker to the wall behind the speaker Bose 901 Series VI: 20 - 45 cm Bose 901 Life style: > 20 cm, 40 cm Bose 901 WestBorough: 20 - 60 cm
  4. S

Bose 901 Series VI EQ mid treble slider info

The mid treble and mid bass slider in Bose 901 Series VI EQ are not linear, in the sense that the slider position from the center by distance and the change in dB are not linearly related. Measured with low end Focusrite USB interface. Left channel measured. Bass: 1 Mid bass: +4 Mid treble: -6...
  5. S

mid-high timing by LR separate EQ for bass

If I do EQ (parametric EQ in RME ADI-2 DAC) differently on left and right channels for bass, will I have timing mismatch (phase mismatch) of left and right channels for mid and high frequencies?
  6. S

heated dummy head for memory foam on some headphones?

Is there heated dummy head for measuring headphones with memory foam? In my experience with Bose QC3 over-ear noise cancelling headphones, the noise cancelling improves after some time has passes since I put it on - noticed by my response to family members' calling me at home -. Probably the...
  7. S

Audio Precision alternative

Is there anything close to Audio Precision in performance but far less expensive? (audio electronics measurement equipment)
  8. S

Is this a 50 Hz - 15 kHz mic? A usual way to write spec?

For a cardioid mic that is to be placed quite close to the mouth, a headset mic, is it usual to write 50 Hz - 15 kHz for this frequency response curve?
  9. S

Topping A50s input impedance?

What is the input impedance of Topping A50s? I could not find the owner's manual on Topping web site.
  10. S

flac file played by blu-ray to DAC: bit perfect?

Is this a bi-perfect playback? FLAC file played by a Blu-ray player -> HDMI cable -> TV -> optical cable -> hi-fi stereo DAC
  11. S

your RME ADI-2 DAC FS drops one channel selectively?

I am testing my newly bought RME ADI-2 DAC FS. It shows "C" next to the serial number (ESS dac chip inside). There is a serious problem that might make me return this DAC. I already downloaded and ran the software installations (firmware and driver) from the RME web site. The DAC selectively...
  12. S

[RME ADI-2 DAC FS] vs [Behringer DEQ2496 + pure stereo DAC]?

Which one would be better? RME ADI-2 DAC or the combination of a digital EQ such as Behringer DEQ2496 and an ordinary 'pure' stereo hi-fi DAC? The person who asked me this does not want to use parametric EQ software on computer, because it would be inconvenient to turn on the computer every...
  13. S

spdif de-jitter device for Topping D90se?

I saw many posts reporting troubles with Topping d90se when connected to mediocre fidelity source (d.g. TV) via coaxial or optical cable. Did anyone try SPDIF di-jittering device (e.g. ifi SPDIF iPurifier2) to solve the issue?
  14. S

line-level high pass filters in subwoofers: high quality?

Are line-level high pass filters in subwoofers of high quality? Subwoofers have circuits that generates intense noise: high-power D-class power amplifier and high-power switching mode power supply.
  15. S

why so much different impedance curves of same model?

Spendor A7 The frequency of the lowest peak in impedance magnitude curve is below 25 Hz in Stereophile, but above 25 Hz in another review in youtube. Usual product by product difference, or usual measurement by measurement difference? Or difference caused by "burn-in"?
  16. S

Adam A8X discontinued?

Adam A8X is not available in Thomann (https://www.thomann.de) anymore. Is it discontinued?
  17. S

Windows 10: 4 sec L channel silence -> mute???

Windows 10 USB, 44.1 kHz, 32 bit Topping D50s (3. ATUO: OFF) When there is audio signal only on R channel, the audio goes off after about 4 seconds. When there is audio signal only on L channel, the audio is on continuously. For example, I can play this youtube video (music signal only on R...
  18. S

Bose is like Apple in discarding . . .

Apple was in the forefront in quickly discarding zip drive, CD/DVD drive, . . . Bose is discarding passive speakers, 901 VI Series 2 (this one was somewhat like active speaker in the sense that it has line level EQ as opposed to speaker level EQ circuit - EQphobias, please note that typical...
  19. S

Was a DAC with WM8742 tested in Audio Science?

Was a DAC with Wolfson WM8742 DAC chip tested in Audio Science?
  20. S

Is "compression" essentially a volume (gain) change?

Is "compression" essentially a quick volume (gain) change?
Top Bottom