Search results

1. D

KEF Ci200RR-THX In-ceiling/In-Wall Speaker Review

Glad to see this speaker reviewed, thanks Amirm! I have been looking at this model for quite some time but haven't bit the bullet yet. In my dedicated room I am running the Klipsch Thx Ultra 2 set, they sound magnificent and really do have some decent output. The problem I am having is the in...
  2. D

Anthem MRX 1140 whacky level cal

My assumption is that by doing this my external amplifiers are getting higher gain which in turn reduces headroom. The workaround i spoke of sounded considerably better to my ears. It could play louder and with less distortion. Arc is fantastic but it sets the calibration tones way too high.
  3. D

Anthem MRX 1140 whacky level cal

I had this same issue just when the avm 70 came out, i managed to use a workaround which worked well. Unfortunately my inuke sub amp died so i have to re calibrate everything again. I had hoped they resolved this issue but after some sessions today it still calibrates way too hot and the...
  4. D

Anthem AVM70 Review (AV Processor)

I was thinking the same thing, but i can listen louder and with less fatigue with the Anthem. I would think the Anthem is doing more eq and perhaps is providing a cleaner output with less clipping close to reference? I thought my system had reached its limits but the Anthem has provided an...
  5. D

I recently bought this unit coming from a Denon X4700 used in pre amp mode to a Nad M27. I wasn’t expecting much but it is actually a nice upgrade, not massively so but it does seem to have given me more headroom with a larger soundstage, more cinematic if you like… I think Arc does a better job...
  6. D

I have an Anthem Avm 70 en route do we know when the new Anthem products would have been affected by the shortage of AKM dacs? I want to be sure the version i get is the same as reviewed here. Cheers!
  7. D

Denon AVR-X4700 AVR Review (Updated)

Just curious more than anything, i demoed an mrx 310 years ago and was quite impressed, since then it’s always been Denon or Marantz. Don’t get me wrong the 4700 is great! My speakers are a full klipsch ultra 2 set with diy marty subs and my room is fairly well treated be interesting to see if...
  8. D

In regards to ‘effects steering’ do all these products except for something like the Trinnov use the same generic chipset from a manufacturer like Texas Instruments?
  9. D

Thanks for the replies guys, i may give it a try as im curious, will also keep hold of the Denon. I will report back if i notice any worthwhile differences.
  10. D

Hey guys thinking about swapping my Denon x4700 for an Anthem avm70, currently use the Denon in full pre amp mode with a Nad M27 and a Rotel amplifier, help talk me out of it! Not sure it’s worth the $2k premium...?
  11. D

Opinion on IMG Stage line STA-400D amplifier with Hypex modules

@Stefano_Milano do you get a high pitch noise at all from these amps through your speakers? I bought a Jbl 7200 recently that uses 7x ucd 400 and i get a really high pitch noise when it’s connected to my speakers. Going to return it and try the 800d i think.
  12. D

Neumann KH 310A Review (Powered Monitor)

Interesting! I nearly bought three of these for my cinema room build as lcr, i went with the klipsch kl650 in the end sunk into a baffle wall. Despite fairly thorough research on these speakers i missed that it had a port on the back which likely would not have worked for my baffle wall setup...
  13. D

Marantz SR6014 AVR Review

@amirm Hey, do you have a sr8015 lined up for review anytime soon? Interested to see if the upgraded hdams bring any improvement. Cheers!
  14. D

NAD partners with Purifi, working on an Eigentakt amplifier

I just received a nad m27, the packaging weighs almost as much as the product itself!
  15. D

Review and Measurements of NAD M27 PWR Amp

Hey thanks vasr, i have read the manual and tried what you suggested, the unit is ‘bricked’ in stand by mode unfortunately. Gutted as it sounded fabulous last night, will have to go back for repair.
  16. D

Just received my Nad M27, all working fine last night but today it seems the 12v trigger has activated a relay and the thing now wont come out of stand by, anyone else had this issue?
  17. D

Hey guys, so I managed to get an M27, I had a Nord before so I have a load of rca to-xlr cables, I’m connecting to a Marantz receiver. If I connect to the Nad with rca to xlr am I losing some gain?
  18. D

Denon AVR-X6700H AVR Review (Updated)

I have said it many times, Denon does sound different to Marantz, certainly a touch brighter than Marantz. I tested this a few years back and had to return the Denon because at the same volume the Denon was uncomfortable to listen with my then paradigm milleniaone setup, both used as a pre pro...
  19. D

Choosing between the Denon X8500H, X6700H, X4700H and X3700H (Updated)

Hey Dj, yes I think so I’m just curious if the dsp chips are the same as the 8500 and if there is any difference in effects separation/steering, I’m looking to gain the best fidelity possible. It’s easy to get caught up in all this and likely the 3700 would suffice although I’m still curious if...
Top Bottom