Search results

1. R

Magnepan LRS Speaker Review

H160 is 150 w/pc into 8 Ohms, 250 w/pc into 4 Ohms.. Keep in mind the LRS dips down to 2.8 ohms at some areas of the FR so you'll need an amp that is stable to 2 ohms. The H160 has plenty of power, current, and damping factor to handle anything the LRS needs regardless of room size and volume...
  2. R

Magnepan LRS Speaker Review

ABH2 with the LRS is quite great... You could try a hegel H160 or H190 used as well as the Hegel + Maggie synergy is near perfection. I jumped right passed the LRS and went to 1.7i as I found a deal I couldn't pass up. The LRS is a fun speaker and scales with better amplification/dac.
  3. R

WiiM Mini Streamer

Still having some issue with Wiim Pro and Amazon... A bit of a latency delay when skipping tracks or albums. I also sometimes have an issue where I fast forward a song and either it starts playing but muted or it will just restart the song. The final issue is sometimes I pause streaming and...
  4. R

Subwoofer Comparison

Since I've heard neither product I cannot judge by the marketing materials/specs... The 10S Mk2 got a few great reviews for the price point but this is getting a sizable bump in price and size. I'm currently shopping for dual subs for my 2 channel (80% music/20% HT) setup and these are on my...
  5. R

Subwoofer Comparison

https://rslspeakers.com/speedwoofer-12s-coming-soon/
  6. R

WiiM Mini Streamer

Went about as well as one could possibly expect. From a sound quality perspective the Wiim is every bit as good as the bluesound. I prefer being able to use Amazon app to stream natively over blueOS although Blueos is a great UI software for what it is. The only issues I have with Wiim is...
  7. R

WiiM Mini Streamer

Thanks it's working now via Amazon app! I'll do a full weekend of testing vs. the bluesound node got lots of variations of connections and routing through my standalone dac and onboard dac in my integrated amp to test. The streaming via native amazon app is a big deal.
  8. R

WiiM Mini Streamer

Alexa app no I don't use that.... I was told this would stream natively through Amazon Music app. The Wiim home app with amazon is very similar to the BlueOS implementation. In fact the Wiim app is a step backwards from BlueOS.
  9. R

WiiM Mini Streamer

Does anybody know how to connect the wiim pro through the Amazon app? I got the wiim pro yesterday, downloaded the wiim home app, completed updates, and enables amazon through wiim home app and it works. I think go to the Amazon Music app and try to locate the wiim device or how to stream...
  10. R

Genelec 8330A Review (Studio Monitor)

Just got back from my local pro audio store and they had this exact setup for sale: 8330l se triple sam two 8330A monitors 7350A subwoofer GLM 2.0 user kit 9310A volume controller...
  11. R

WiiM Mini Streamer

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0BJDY6D1W/ref=cm_sw_r_as_gl_api_gl_i_ZXK8QQV3YK30YN1147PN?linkCode=ml1&tag=cheapaudioman-20 wiim pro is for sale now.. sorry only link I had
  12. R

Anthem STR Integrated vs MiniDSP+Purifi

I would prefer not to get into a debate about measurements but I can hear a noticeable difference by bypassing the internal Dac and using the Holo Spring in my Chain. Specifically I'm running Bluesound Node (digital out) -> Holo Spring KTE (XLR out) -> Anthem STR (XLR analog in). So my...
  13. R

so follow up question for the Anthem.. I've added my Holo Spring KTE dac to the chain and have noticed an improvement over the onboard Anthem dac. Next week I'm getting the remote/mic/boom combo from anthem so would like to test out ARC. By using ARC am I taking the analog sound from the Holo...
  14. R

WiiM Mini Streamer

Has anybody heard updated timing of this product release for 2022?
  15. R

Magnepan LRS in the house!

Just joined team Magnepan.. I pull them 3-5 feet in the room during primary listening and move back to the pictured position generally. I was going to wait for the LRS+ to come to my local dealer but Magnepan was being excessively slow and non-communicative with them on timing. In fact they...
  16. R

Just got a response from anthem. The kit for mic/boom/stand is $150 and the remote is $92. I assume likely the pricing on both of these is "worth" it. Also I'm now starting to look at a dual sub options to get a 2.2 setup for 80% music / 20% home theater. Wondering which of these options...
  17. R

I bought it yesterday... Unforunately it didn't come with a remote, the mic, or the stand. Do you think it's worth reaching out to anthem to ask how much these are? Or can I use any universal IR remote? Can I just get any USB mic to pair with the anthem ARC software or do you feel strongly...
  18. R

Outlaw 2220 Review (Monoblock Amplifier)

http://quicksilveraudio.com/products/line-stage-preamp/ The specs are listed on the above link. In regards to the bolded part I've searched but I have not clue on how to answer the above. I could not find a measured curve across all frequencies nor phase angles. Perhaps I need to just blind...
Top Bottom