Search results

1. 1

Dan Clark E3 Headphone Review

Just as I realized this week that it's been 4 years since I bought the Aeon 2 Closed, and was hoping DCA would come out with the Aeon 3 with AMTS, here we are with the E3. Yup, just ordered them.
  2. 1

Dan Clark Expanse Headphone Review

Can’t wait to upgrade my Aeon 2 to Aeon 3
  3. 1

Topping A30Pro Review (Balanced Headphone Amp)

Been using my stack since end of APR 2021 on a daily basis without any issues. The stack also survived a move from the US to Europe without any issues. It gets hot but nothing burning hot. I do have the A30Pro on top however.
  4. 1

Sennheiser 800 HD still the best neutral openback for $1000 used?

Got my HD800 for the last few days and I've been enjoying them a lot with EQ. Against my DCA Aeon 2 Closed, it's the spatial qualities that stand out for some tracks. Been really enjoying The Weeknd's new Dawn FM album with them because of the space the HD800 provides. For other tracks, the...
  5. 1

Sennheiser 800 HD still the best neutral openback for $1000 used?

That was my question when I recently discovered the way to easily EQ my headphones to the Harman curve on my laptop, which has been revelatory. Remembering how much I liked the spatial qualities of the HD800 but never cared for how it sounded, I ordered a pari of used HD800, which are coming...
  6. 1

Aeon 2 Noire DAC/Amp combo recommendation

Why not a D30 Pro & A30 Pro stack so that they aesthetically fit together when stacked? I'm using that with my regular non-Noire DCA Aeon 2 Closed and it's been perfect. Plenty of power.
  7. 1

Aeon 2 Noire DAC/Amp combo recommendation

I have the Aeon 2 Closed, non Noire, and I've been super happy with my D30Pro + A30Pro stack.
  8. 1

Dan Clark Stealth Review (State of the Art Headphone)

Wow immediately came here when I saw the announcement. Can’t wait to audition them. Alas, price point is too high me. Maybe the Aeon 3 when the tech trickles down!
  9. 1

I was fine with SP200 until I got my pair of Andromeda. For it to be listenable I had to switch the D90 to preamp and lower the volume there first. I'd rather not tweak DAC and just let the amp do the volume control. Sound quality wise, if you use IEM, definitely go with the A30Pro as it's dead...
  10. 1

I've received mine on TUE from Apos with the D30 Pro and have been enjoying the stack a lot with my DCA Aeon 2 Closed and Campfire Andromeda 2020. Got the stack to replace my D90 and SMSL SP200 because I wanted a smaller footprint and a silver setup. No issues so far.
  11. 1

SMSL M400 & M200 new dacs!

Curious to know if you've tried connecting to your computer via Bluetooth? Does it work? I tried for fun connecting my DAP to my Mac via Bluetooth but there's no sound when playing music. Works fine with my phone tho.
  12. 1

Have you pressed C on the remote first?
  13. 1

MQA via SMSL M500 on macOS not working

Click on the speaker icon on the bottom right and click on more settings for your M500.
  14. 1

MQA via SMSL M500 on macOS not working

Have you set Tidal to exclusive mode?
  15. 1

Same question for me. Have never had a proper DAC with MQA decoding. Curious to see whether there's a benefit but the price difference between the D90 MQA/M400 and the M200 is just too much... There are others but I like those two's form factor to stack with my SP200.
  16. 1

2019 CES Asia ---SMSL will bring new product there

Could you stack the SP200 on top of it and show us how it stacks up? The M400 seems very deep and the SP200 would look ridiculous on top of it. How's the pairing with the SP200 by the way?
  17. 1

Looking good. How's the sound? What was your previous DAC before the M200?
  18. 1

Yup in June according SMSL Mandy: https://www.audiosciencereview.com/forum/index.php?threads/2019-ces-asia-smsl-will-bring-new-product-there.7732/post-374606
  19. 1

Yeah I was holding off on D90 MQA hoping that the M400 would be comparable but at a cheaper price. But now, it's a toss up.
  20. 1

Announcement and listing of the M400 is now available on Apos, with pre-orders starting on May 6th with a 5% discount off $809.99... This is quite a bit much more than what I hoped... :confused: https://apos.audio/blogs/news/smsl-m400-mqa-dac-coming-soon-on-apos-audio...
Top Bottom