Search results

1. dpippel

FOR SALE: 2020 HiFiMan Sundara - Minty

Selling my lightly used pair of 2020 Sundaras in excellent, like-new condition. I'm the original owner and they come from a smoke-free home. These have been my work desk headphones and I'd say they probably have a total of 200-250 hours on them. They are excellent in every way and include the...
  2. dpippel

SOLD: Like New Topping E30 DAC + Raspberry Pi 4 Roon Endpoint Combo

Ha! I'm totally out of touch here. Haven't been on the forum in any active way for about a year. I know the E30 is discontinued. But, I'm not really worried about the money. Just passing things along to someone who can use them. I appreciate the heads-up though!
  3. dpippel

SOLD: Like New Topping E30 DAC + Raspberry Pi 4 Roon Endpoint Combo

** SOLD **
  4. dpippel

Clock Settings Fixed in MAC

Yes, this is a limitation of macOS. However, most music apps that run on the Mac have the ability to take exclusive control of your external DAC, bypassing the midi mixer in the operating system, allowing bit-perfect output. That's the way to go.
  5. dpippel

Monoprice Monolith THX 887 Balance Headphone Amp: New Champ?

Hmmm. No hum or electrical feel on the case on mine. Perhaps you have a grounding problem or a defective unit.
  6. dpippel

SMSL SU-9 Balanced DAC Review

SMSL did NOT update the firmware revision number when they corrected this bug, so it is completely worthless for determining whether or not your SU-9 has the fix or not.
  7. dpippel

strange SMSL M500 high 3rd harmonic

This is such BS. SMSL *knows* that every M500 and SU-9 in the field that hasn't had the firmware update is affected by the bug. Every. Single. Unit. So why are they putting the burden on the dealer and the CUSTOMER to prove that their DAC has a problem? Lame, lame, lame.
  8. dpippel

SMSL SU-9 Balanced DAC Review

SMSL didn't bother to revise the firmware version when they corrected the problem, so there's no way to tell by looking at it. From what I've read regarding Shenzhen Audio, yours is probably fine. Best to contact them directly with your order and serial numbers and ask to be sure. I think...
  9. dpippel

Connecting iOS Lightning to USB-B DAC

I've been using this cable with my iPad Pro running iPadOS 14.6 to pass bit-perfect digital audio from Apple Music to my RME ADI-2 DAC FS. Works just fine: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B08MDDTY6B/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o02_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1 Granted, this is USB-C, not Lighting, and...
  10. dpippel

Windows vs macOS

It's an Apple Music problem, since the macOS app doesn't have the ability to take exclusive control of the DAC. Other streaming service macOS apps (such as Tidal, Qobuz, etc.) don't have this limitation.
  11. dpippel

Topping D90SE Review (Balanced DAC)

https://www.tpdz.net/newsinfo/521191.html
  12. dpippel

RME ADI-2 FS Version 2 DAC and Headphone Amp Review

I gravitate to the "simpler is better" philosophy. If I can pump the data stream directly to the DAC and let it do all the work instead of having macOS massaging things in between, that's all good IMO. Can you hear a difference? Probably not.
  13. dpippel

Set up your apps to use the Aune S8 in exclusive mode to bypass the macOS mixer and send a bitperfect stream to the device.
  14. dpippel

Ah, I wasn't thinking of a dock. That makes sense. I've got one of these and connect my iPad Pro directly to the RME. No charging here, of course: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B08MDDTY6B/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o05_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
  15. dpippel

One drawback to this setup is battery life. Since the iPad isn't charging when connected to the RME, you could potentially run out of juice if your listening session goes on for several hours. How much of a real-world problem this may be is user-dependent of course.
  16. dpippel

macOS fixed sample rate and bit depth output

Quite an annoying omission on Apple's part, especially considering their move to lossless and Atmos. As it stands now, you either have to upsample/downsample through macOS midi audio or deal with the (for me) inconvenience of using an iPhone or iPad to get bitperfect audio streamed from Apple...
Top Bottom