Search results

1. OP1M.DR3M

Can US power cords & AC plugs handle 220v?

Hi y'all.. I currently live in the United States and just picked up an Ifi Power Station power strip for US outlets & plugs https://ifi-audio.com/products/powerstation/ It's rated to work with voltages from 90v-265v. I'm planning to move Vietnam soon where they run on 220v/50hz (but I believe...
  2. OP1M.DR3M

What's been your experience with SMSL/Topping reliability & warranty support?

Just wondering what everyone's overall experience has been with SMSL, Topping, Sabaj, Loxjie, Gustard, etc. when it comes to product reliability and warranty support from the companies when things do go wrong.. I'm on my second SMSL DA-8S amp that's having issues with popping/cracking noises in...
  3. OP1M.DR3M

XLR output to RCA input done properly?

If I want to connect my DAC's XLR output to a preamp or integrated amp's RCA input, what are my options? This Emotiva adapter cable seems to do it "properly" https://emotiva.com/products/balanced-xlr-female-to-unbalanced-rca-female-adapter-interconnect but it'd be nice to have a cable wired...
  4. OP1M.DR3M

Just bought UMIK-1.. eq/room correction options?

Total eq newb here.. Just bought a UMIK-1, tried the SPL meter option and ran a few sweeps on REW from listening position; that's all. Not sure what to make of the results. Looks like a peak at ~55Hz and a dip at ~125Hz?.... (see graph below) For some reason I thought Dirac Live was something...
  5. OP1M.DR3M

Sony WH-1000XM3 Noise Cancelling Headphones - $200

Up for your consideration is a pair of Sony WH-1000XM3 noise cancelling headphones in great condition. I bought them new from Best Buy in October last year. I installed Dekoni pads which are a bit thicker, very plush, and in my opinion more comfortable (partially because there's more room...
  6. OP1M.DR3M

How do I measure DAC output voltage?

Hi all, I'd like to measure the output voltage of my SMSL M500 DAC at various volume levels via the XLR and RCA outputs. How do I go about doing this? Will my multimeter (below) suffice? Your shared knowledge, as always, is much appreciated :)
  7. OP1M.DR3M

Revel M16 vs. Focal Chora 806 for small room?

So I'm thinking about getting bigger speakers for my small room which measures 13' x 10' x 9' (L x W x H).. I've been listening to the KEF Q100 for the past year and just purchased a pair of KEF LS50 three weeks ago. My current amp is SMSL DA-8S rated at 40wpc @ 8ohms and 80wpc @ 4ohms. I was...
  8. OP1M.DR3M

DAC XLR output voltage.. how much can I run?

Just picked up an SMSL M500 V2 and have it hooked up to my SMSL DA-8S integrated amp via XLR. I set the volume on the M500 to 34 (out of 40) based on the review of the M500 V1 by @amirm here https://www.audiosciencereview.com/forum/index.php?threads/smsl-m500-dac-and-hp-amp-review.9606/ to...
  9. OP1M.DR3M

Did I mess up my amp?..

The other night I was measuring my desk, and I think I accidentally touched the metal part of my tape measure on the outside metal part of one of the rca plugs going into the input of my SMSL DA-8S integrated amp (from my DAC). The music cut out for a split second and everything seems to be ok...
Top Bottom