Search results

1. 3

Yamaha RX-V6A 7.2 channel 4K / 8K Dolby AV Receiver Review

No one is saying that Yamaha doesnt have failures. They just have a lower failure rate compared to anyone else. Onkyo's issue was caused by inadequate cooling which fried the HDMI boards by those who didnt pay attention to airflow. Even with adequate airflow, those Onkyo's ran very hot which is...
  2. 3

From his knowledge of other AVRs, and considering he's an indepedent CEDA certified installer of home theater systems in a populous part of the US, there is no reason not to believe him.
  3. 3

https://forums.audioholics.com/forums/threads/need-advice-between-denon-and-yamaha.116813/#post-1360239
  4. 3

Spec junkies are those who look at lab reports and decide whether or not, something sounds good or bad. Furthermore, spec junkies are so focused on the numbers that they fail to step back and look at the bigger picture of reliability and QC. Are you one of them?
  5. 3

Yamaha RX-A3080 Review (AVR)

Does the snap only show up on that input, or on that channel. I have a RX-A3060 and have never had that issue.
  6. 3

The amp didnt fail. Thats knowledge bias getting in the way again. I find it amusing that you use SINAD to justify your arguement which failed miserably for the Emotiva. If you look at the V6A thread, it may appear that Amir measured it incorrectly at a preliminary glance. All Im saying is that...
  7. 3

Sorry no. Im not making a judgement call on how it sounds. The specs only group is doing that so please enlighten me. The premium product also has more internal amps and it also has more features that all contribute to the price of the unit. From a marketing perspective, the flagship should...
  8. 3

It supports my arguement even further, doesn't it? Its SINAD is much better than the Yamaha.
  9. 3

Again show me the proof with blind listening tests and then we'll talk. The article even states that the lienient or green line doesnt indicate a guarentee of it being audible.
  10. 3

The measurements dont tell the whole story. Only the story you want to hear or read. Measurements don't tell anyone that Yamaha's build quality and QC is the highest of ALL manufacturers with the least return rate and defects; at least it was until this debacle with HDMI. I will take a Yamaha...
  11. 3

There is no question in my mind that Yamaha needs to clean up their designs based on the measurements. Yamaha can do better and has done much better in the past. Judging the sound of any equipment that is approaching borderline in their measurements is a subject choice filled on the premise of...
  12. 3

You come back with conclusive proof of blind listening tests in which listsners reliably could pick out an amp with the higher SINAD and then we'll talk.
  13. 3

Dont get your knickers in a knot!!! Are you telling me you can hear the distortion measured on the RX-A3080?
  14. 3

Yes sighted listenings tests are one extreme and invaluable but so is the other extreme of judging how something sounds based on specifications alone. Most people who judge soley on specifications arent even aware what noise measurements are audible or the conditions in which they could become...
  15. 3

What are we listening to right now..

Last night's listening sessions. That completes the collection Big Joe Turner's Atlantic Recordings
  16. 3

Last night's midnight listening session; Eric Bibb's "Migration Blues"
  17. 3

Bedtime listening session.
  18. 3

I believe quite the opposite. Most members here put too much significance behind the measurements and not enough on real world situation. I will chalk Amir's measurements as inconclusive with this unit until we know EXACTLY where this unit was refurbished and what was done to refurbish it...
  19. 3

I do not understand for the life of me why this industry cannot standardize on I/O gain structures. Its simply ridiculous and governments need to force standards into this big stinking pile of bovine excrements of an industry.
  20. 3

To Adam. I edited my post and removed the offending remarks. I'm embarrassed about what I wrote in that post and I'm sincerely sorry.
Top Bottom