Search results

1. M

B&W news

https://www.audioholics.com/news/bowers-wilkins-take-back-control-of-company A clip in case you don't have time to read the whole article:
  2. M

Done!

All done - please delete
  3. M

Repainting Drivers?

I am looking at my KEF R900's dull gray Uni-Q and black bass drivers. I'd like to add a splash of color like I have seen on the Reference and LS50's. Can I spray paint these drivers, has this been done - is spray painting the correct method? I am considering metallic colors like silver for the...
  4. M

LG Solution for Full-MQA

While I understand the value and advantages of individual components, simplifying/consolidating is of higher priority for me - given that I am not losing too much quality. That said, there's quite a bit of literature on MQA, even if it's worthwhile, etc. So, please offer me some guidance in my...
  5. M

Dual Centers as L/R?

I read, perhaps dogma and incorrect, that the Center Channel is extremely "important," because most of the verbal information - voice ranges - is reproduced on center channel. Therefore the speakers should be designed to give provide more clarity/resolution than other channel designs, good sound...
  6. M

Understanding speaker measurements

After reading a lot, I understand some parts of speaker measurements. Is there a guide somewhere on ASR that explains how to understand each of Amir's measurements, as in what makes a measurement good, what is bad, what does what - that may be readily understood by mere mortals? Perhaps a...
  7. M

Opinion: frequency range analysis

What do you guys think? If at all accurate, it would allow me to find speakers (or EQ) catering to my preferences. Personally, I did not know that ~12kHz+ was attributed to "air." I always thought the "air" quality was that record-like, slightly fuzzy, breathy type of sound that felt very...
  8. M

Class D (and general) amplifier related questions

Hello, I have been researching the Hypex, Modulus, and Purifi Class D amps. Unfortunately, some parts are too technical for me to understand with way too many models, and I was wondering if I could ask for some advice. I am currently looking to drive a pair of KEF R5 floor standing speakers...
  9. M

Supply voltage and effective AWG question

Hello ASR, I have a couple questions. 1) If I have a system that comprises of a Modulus-686 stereo amp pushing ~130w into 8Ω, a DAC, and a pre-amp, how much power am I going to draw? My ~20yr old 4-outlet power strip is rated 1400 Joules (is that 1400w for how they "rate" these things?) with...
  10. M

Balanced? Double Monoblock, non-simple parallel?

Could someone delineate the differences between the following terms in relation to DACs, because they are all conflating and/or simply overwhelming me: What does it mean to be "balanced," but not actually balanced because it's a double monoblock? Or that a DAC is non-simple parallel? Yet there...
  11. M

Hello!

Long time lurker and finally decided to join as I am upgrading some peripherals in my system. Looking to take part of some discussions and as always - continued learning! Some aspects of discussion are too technical and over my head, but good to understand the main points. Also - I posted...
  12. M

Reset button: DAC+amp, or Integrated?

Hello, perhaps this is not the correct subforum, but I don't know where else to really post it. I have been reading this forum like crazy over the past month. It seems that a lot has changed since I first bought my system back in 2006 and shut my eyes to the "then-world" of audiophile. I am...
Top Bottom