Search results

1. M

Amplifier for Focal Kanta Nº2

Are you mostly sitting down when listening? IIRC the tweeter is lower height on these, and can be shouting at you if so. Therefore, toeing them outwards/above/etc is probably ideal if you don't absolutely adore the crystal clear sounds of the higher end Focals. Another cheap room hack would be a...
  2. M

SMSL PL200 (CD Player)

CD, as a data medium, is the bottleneck in the chain you've prescribed, given the advances of technology these days. Get yourself a Sony x700m from Amazon (if in USA) renewed for $99 - I did. Grab a DAC and run everything (else) through that. I have SMSL DAC (outputting through NC400s in my...
  3. M

Denon PMA-600NE Integrated Amplifier Review

This product has all the features a non-enthusiast newcomer or boomer could want, especially with those 2 TOSLINK inputs and bluetooth, plus the nostalgia design language of the 80-90s. ASR is not the target market for this item.
  4. M

HDMI vs Digital Coaxial

Hey all - I figured I would extend this thread since my question in similar in nature. Recently received a Sony X700M from a friend and it has HDMI video/audio OUT1, HDMI audio only OUT2, and SPDIF OUT3. This is for my modest TV living room (which I am never in) that has a Marantz AVR. I know...
  5. M

SMSL PL200 (CD Player)

Why not just go all the way and include an optical in, so that I could get rid of my SMSL DAC that links my TV audio to my monoblocks. It's already 90% there!
  6. M

KEF R11 vs. Q900 Blind test can’t tell difference! HELP

Unfortunately, I did not purchase unbalanced-balanced cables to connect the AVR preout for my NC400 blocks. I believe the OP's Denon AVR has a good onboard DAC, but is limited somewhat by the amp - was unclear if he pre-out to something else. (This is a personal anecdote so YMMV, but I could...
  7. M

In my case, finally moving my KEF R900 from my Marantz AVR (similar to OPs) to a standalone SMSL>NC400s provided a major improvement in SINAD (and also listening experience).
  8. M

Struggle replacing Old AVR - tried RZ50, 4800h, and Cinema 70 - what now?

At end of page 1 and this thread has unlimited potential.
  9. M

Hello - did you receive the replacement pair? If so, did it change your experience? Also, are you solely listening to these speakers from the Denon HT receiver?
  10. M

Are there any speakers you love that measure badly?

I have a pair of Energy C5s that I am in love with. No clue if they measure horribly, but they sound wonderfully natural to me.
  11. M

LG Solution for Full-MQA

Thank you for explaining the steps to ensure that we are all on the same page. I appreciate that. I read this post over the weekend, and took some time to read it again to understand everything. I accept that Bluetooth is limited, and that MQA is not possible on that front (yet, hopefully...
  12. M

Speaker time alignment, does it matter?

Why speaker time alignment doesn't work - by PS Audio
  13. M

VU Meters: Let's See 'Em!!

I wonder...is there a kit to put VU meter on the Hypex NC400 monoblock? Maybe a custom faceplate!
  14. M

DACS that isolate well

Have you ever used something like this with USB to coax then XLR?
  15. M

Focal Aria 906 Speaker Review

I was looking into these for my office. These can be had for very cheap on secondary market.
  16. M

B&W news

That's just about when I started. Makes sense! B&W design look great. I remember loving the Nautilus very much. Hopefully, the quality and technology direction change with the times. I believe audiophile grade active wireless speakers is the future - true wireless, as in no interconnects...
  17. M

B&W news

When I was younger, I thought that B&W bookshelves were "audiophile quality." One of those moments looking back, where 8 realized the power of marketing! Once I figure out how to solder and learn more technical things on ASR, I will put together my own kits. And I think that has always been...
  18. M

LG Solution for Full-MQA

Thank you on the 3 points. I think for times when I need the bluetooth convenience, iFi will do just fine. That said, regarding your second point on coax...I don't really know how the processing works :facepalm:. I definitely would like for the miniDSP to process, and I assumed coax was best...
  19. M

B&W news

https://www.audioholics.com/news/bowers-wilkins-take-back-control-of-company A clip in case you don't have time to read the whole article:
  20. M

LG Solution for Full-MQA

Thanks, I was looking at LDAC 990 vs 660 while writing about LDAC 990 vs aptX HD. o_O Need more coffee. What do you think about that ifi blue, @Vincent Kars? I was looking at it specifically for LDAC too, I need a break from looking at audio products for the day.
Top Bottom