Search results

1. Wendigo79

Moondrop MIAD 01. My next phone!

Check this https://m.gsmarena.com/moondrop_miad_01_to_run_on_the_mediatek_dimensity_7050-news-62583.php Looks good! I am gonna buy one when ever it comes to europe.
  2. Wendigo79

SMSL DO100, Unit to unit variation?

Hello! I have been wonderin about unit to unit variation in SMSL dacs. I cannot escape the feeling that my DO100 sounds different when I use it trough USB or Toslink. If I use USB, the sound if "dry, hard, compressed and loud". So it sounds like having some distortion. It sounds still OK, but...
  3. Wendigo79

A hardware hint for streamer projects

I was casually surfing in web now at saturday evening and found accidentally a great proposition for everyone who is searching a pc for Volumio, LibreElec and so. https://www.amazon.de/Quieter2Q-Fanless-Windows-Computer-Business/dp/B099N957WF?ref_=ast_sto_dp&th=1 Looks like a real "Rpi killer"...
  4. Wendigo79

Two EQ profiles for the Moondrop Sparks TWS-IEM

Here are two Equalizer APO files for Moondrop Sparks. I find them pretty decent without eq, but wanted to try to improve them with eq. As the preference target I used a combination of the Harman and the IEF-targets. The bass response is taken from the Harman model. In first one the bass response...
  5. Wendigo79

Is there a difference between XLR-cables?

Hi everyone! A XLR noob question, is there a difference between a XLR-interconnect cable and a XLR-microphone cable? Are there differencies in the wiring or are they the same? Thanks in advance! I know that people here know this easily!
  6. Wendigo79

Determining safe level of headphone volume with umik-1

I started to get worried about sound volume when I am using headphones. I tried to determine the safe level for music volume from headphones by using the Umik-1 microphone which is calibrated. Is this an OK way to do it? I just inserted the mic in to the ear cup of my HD650. My logic says it's...
  7. Wendigo79

Capacitor juice. Dangerous or not?

Found just that my Teac amp from early eighties had leaked its capacitor juices. Just cleaned up the mess, but started to wonder if that juice is dangerous? Is it like water mixed with glycol (antifreeze) and something (dangerous) added? The amp was on a shelf unused for about a year.
  8. Wendigo79

Thickness of speaker cables?

How thick shoud speaker cables be? I use 4mm2 and 2.5mm2 cables in my two systems. Especially 4mm2 is plenty. I believe. But is there a method to calculate the actual need for thickness? I mean, low frequency bass signal uses more current than high frequency. But how thick the cable shoud be in...
  9. Wendigo79

Laptop PSU started to create ground loop?. Will galvanic isolator help?

I just rearranged my desk and hifi kit near it. Then out of nothing, buzzing and hum appeared on my speakers. I have a Sony Vaio laptop that is connected to a Topping E30 DAC. If i unplug the usb, noise disappears. If i unplug the PSU from laptop and run it by battery, noise disappears. So i...
  10. Wendigo79

Why are headphone amps required?

Hello everybody! First post here, heh. Started to wonder that why we need headphone amps as the line out signal is already more powerful than headphone out? Headphone amp receives powerful signal then makes it less powerful and then reamplifies it? Would a potentiometer just do that...
Top Bottom