Search results

1. Wendigo79

SMSL DO100, Unit to unit variation?

I think that the DO100 dac would drop the signal completely if it would be interfered somehow. When I use toslink with tv it sometimes drops the signal because of too much jitter or something. The DPLL setting has to be above 8 and it the works. So I think that if the USB-signal would be messed...
  2. Wendigo79

I tried to describe "compressed" ;) sound quality. For me the difference was strong and I think Im able to hear it genuinely. They use different files for example Chromecast on TV. Instead of flac they send i guess 256/AAC instead. Just like Spotify does. It uses .ogg for android and pc,but AAC...
  3. Wendigo79

I have used it with laptop, with and without battery. RPI and Intel NUC. I dont think that is the reason. Also it does not hum or whine etc
  4. Wendigo79

Hello! I have been wonderin about unit to unit variation in SMSL dacs. I cannot escape the feeling that my DO100 sounds different when I use it trough USB or Toslink. If I use USB, the sound if "dry, hard, compressed and loud". So it sounds like having some distortion. It sounds still OK, but...
  5. Wendigo79

A hardware hint for streamer projects

I was casually surfing in web now at saturday evening and found accidentally a great proposition for everyone who is searching a pc for Volumio, LibreElec and so. https://www.amazon.de/Quieter2Q-Fanless-Windows-Computer-Business/dp/B099N957WF?ref_=ast_sto_dp&th=1 Looks like a real "Rpi killer"...
  6. Wendigo79

Eversolo DMP-A6 Streamer Review

On my Linux desktop I use gmediarenderer. I have also set the pulse audio to 192000khz and 32bit. So it upsamples to that. Then I have on imy android phone the BubbleUpNp. So with that I just choose gmediarenderer in my wifi to be the renderer. You can just start it by "gmediarender &" in...
  7. Wendigo79

Different SQ with Bubble UPnP and mconnect UPnP controllers?

Are you sure that Bubbleuo or mconnect are not doing transcoding? Or if you use dlna server it might be doing?
  8. Wendigo79

SMSL DO100 Review (Stereo DAC)

No analog input? Did you mean that? I use this with a ncore amp as a DAC and preamp. Controlling volume with DACs volume
  9. Wendigo79

SMSL DO100 Review (Stereo DAC)

I have had similar problems and I also have sought a new firmware. But there's nothin to download at the SMSL-website. I have a pop when I first time start to play music after reboot. With Volumio the DAC goes to DSD mode by it self at start. Then it drops to the PCM mode with a pop. In windows...
  10. Wendigo79

Two EQ profiles for the Moondrop Sparks TWS-IEM

Here are both of the EQs for the Usb Audio Player Pro. In a Zip file. Extract and import to the UAPP
  11. Wendigo79

What are we listening to right now..

https://youtube.com/playlist?list=OLAK5uy_lrxvBGrTckkJ6KaUeeSkg15nONbjuqvqo
  12. Wendigo79

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="" title="YouTube video player" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture; web-share" allowfullscreen></iframe>
  13. Wendigo79

https://youtube.com/playlist?list=OLAK5uy_lrxvBGrTckkJ6KaUeeSkg15nONbjuqvqo
  14. Wendigo79

Two EQ profiles for the Moondrop Sparks TWS-IEM

Here are two Equalizer APO files for Moondrop Sparks. I find them pretty decent without eq, but wanted to try to improve them with eq. As the preference target I used a combination of the Harman and the IEF-targets. The bass response is taken from the Harman model. In first one the bass response...
  15. Wendigo79

What electronic audio products you want tested most

ADC:s and optical switches. Those are things that the industry seems to have a neglect on. So some one should make a in debth survey on them. In ASR-style
  16. Wendigo79

Electronica/dance/techno/et cetera.

https://youtube.com/playlist?list=OLAK5uy_nkABmjDHlp6n-rhJd7f6dHKTh5AmFYyNc
  17. Wendigo79

Sabaj A30a announced

Oh, thank you for the warning! I need to research more about these BTL-amps.
  18. Wendigo79

Sabaj A30a announced

It could be a ground loop on the RCA? Is it connect to a PC? If so, a usb isolator could help. Or RCA isolation transformer. They both won't cost much at aliexpress.
  19. Wendigo79

Sabaj A30a announced

I am tempted to buy this amp. At hifi-exrpress.com 515€ currently... But I am also considerin Audiophonics Ncore 250. On the fence with this. I have the Sabaj a20a. The first version. The black cube that is. It's really great little amp. When I got it, it was "the wow" moment again!. It's way...
  20. Wendigo79

Emotiva Airmotiv B1+ - Sounds like sh*t

Could be you amp? I have had similar experiences with cheap amps. (Cambridge Audio Topaz AM5 and Dali Spektor 2. Super bright treble. Fixed with Yamaha AS-501)
Top Bottom