Search results

1. D

Genelec 8030 Pair sounding bad in my room, better HiFi speaker alternatives?

Thank you @q3cpma and @Eetu. I don't have a calibration mic, just been using test tones within some DAWs to hear what frequencies are exaggerated. 120 to 125hz in particular sounds horrendously louder than anything else. Is there much I can do without a calibration mic?
  2. D

495cmx415cmx265cm, monitors are on stands on my desk, around 50cm away from the wall. The desk sits in the middle of one of the long walls. I find that in particular certain low end frequencies and a lot of dialogue both have quite noticeable increases in volume compared to the rest of the...
  3. D

I got these when I was doing a lot of critical listening in a treated area and they sounded great, but these days I don't find myself doing any critical listening as I've changed jobs. Wanting to sell the Genelec pair and get some speakers that would sound great in a relatively untreated room...
  4. D

Neumann KH120A or Genelec 8030C?

Thanks, I've decided to get the 8030C, and perhaps get a calibration mic to use with Sonarworks to help get them suited to my room. The 8330's with the GLM kit was just too expensive for me, I know I probably won't get as good results as the GLM software, but i think it would be minimal gains...
  5. D

Yeah I did see that. I'd probably upgrade bit by bit over time, hopefully get the 8330A's + GLM, and get the Sub after some more room treatment later down the line. Every time I am near to making a decision a new potential choice comes up haha. Are you thinking of using a sub with your 8030Cs...
  6. D

Thank you for this information. I was doing some more research and saw the very similar 8330A by Genelec and started comparing it to the 8030C. It is an increased price tag but you do get the GLM kit with it. Would this be worth the price increase or am I better off just sticking to the 8030C...
  7. D

Ahhh! I am in the exact same situation as you now and I simply cannot decide between these 2 monitors!!! I am so glad to see you reply to this very recently as I wanted to ask what exactly ended up pushing you towards the Genelecs in the end? I am starting work in game audio production and audio...
Top Bottom