Search results

1. E

CHORD M-Scaler Review (Upsampler)

Aha….now I understand what the reviewer meant when he said that the sound was more ”resinous”.
  2. E

Can this Test actually answer the title of the video - Do all CD player sound the same?

DBX DX5…l’ve still got one gathering dust in my closet.
  3. E

Danny's ASR "Will you ACCEPT my Challenge?!"

Had he used his power cable on a washing machine, would his T-shirt be substantially cleaner?
  4. E

CHORD M-Scaler Review (Upsampler)

Grant me the serenity to ignore, without engaging, the rambling rants of delusional loons whose collective pool of audio knowledge would scarce get my feet wet should I choose to walk through those shallow waters.
  5. E

What are the things you wish you knew when starting out in this hobby?

‘What are the things you wish you knew when starting out in this hobby?’ That taping a quarter to the tone arm of my Seabreeze portable player would stop my 45’s from skipping (circa 1956)
  6. E

The best way to bring audio enthusiasts from the dark side and see the light?

“The best way to bring audio enthusiasts from the dark side and see the light?” Why bother…..it’s a hobby, not a Crusade.
  7. E

Pink Floyd works released in High Resolution

Hi rez can’t hold a candle to hearing them live in a 2500 seat concert hall in 1970…a small hit of ‘windowpane’ to enhance the mood and that show still ranks as my #1 concert experience. ‘Careful with that axe, Eugene’ indeed.
  8. E

UpTone Audio EtherREGEN Switch Review

A regen with ‘Ludicrous’ mode so it can do nothing in a much shorter time.
  9. E

Questions on cable lifter measuring

Attaching to the ceiling would also enable easier lifting of veils.
  10. E

Is there really no audible difference between different DACs?

Hmm..I’m pretty sure dog fucking is frowned on in most civilized societies and I’m confused as to how bestiality relates to the output of a dac
  11. E

How much one has to spend on a dac to get the true analog sound

It was after reading about that session that I stopped paying attention to anything Linn had to say about audio.
  12. E

PlayClassics album premiere for ASR members

If there are any spare gift codes still laying around, I would be delighted to get one. cheers and a big thank you.
  13. E

UpTone Audio EtherREGEN Switch Review

Once again, proof that a stroll through the collective pool of audio knowledge at wbf would scarce get your feet wet.
  14. E

Uptone EtherREGEN

If this miracle of modern day science can do this much for audio, can I assume putting it in line to my pvr will boost my 4K tv to 6k? Or will the pixels jump the moat and maybe make a 10k picture?
  15. E

Ciúnas ISO-DAC USB DAC Teardown #2

Sadly, I doubt that Mr Kenny will appreciate the subtlety of placing the teardown in the DIY forum....the Dunning-Kruger effect seems very strong in that one.:facepalm:
  16. E

Let's talk CD Players!

Interesting that you should be asking...I’ve still got a DBX CD player (gathering dust) that came with controls for manipulating output. Here’s the description. “The DBX DX5 features three unique dbx signal processing circuits: DAIR (digital audio impact recovery), a 2-band design for adding...
  17. E

Turntables - help me understand the appeal?

One sometimes wonders if smartphone users have a forum where they fill page after page reminiscing over a highly regarded rotary dial black Bakelite desktop phone.
  18. E

Review and Measurements of Schiit Sys Passive Pre-amp/Switcher

For a couple of years, I’ve had a Sys between my Squeezebox Touch and amp. Ironically one of the first things that I did with it was to compare the analog output to the digital through a Bifrost ‘Uber ‘. I’ll be the first to admit it was a totally subjective a/b listening test. Hearing no...
Top Bottom