Search results

1. Z

Topping G5 Review (Portable DAC & HP Amp)

I've an issue with big loudness difference when using G5 in USB-C mode on my iPad Pro 11 2021 (M1). Topping at this time cannot reproduce the issue on their iPad (but they do not have the M1 model). Note: - Test done with max iPad volume / no loudness reduction in sound setting / same analog...
  2. Z

I've also had some periodic noise in BT mode with USB-C power plugged in. I dont know if it was the cause but after disconnecting it was not there anymore...
  3. Z

Motu 8A Measurements

Is my reasoning fine if I target 0.32V * 2 has I have half the signal due to the TRS to RCA cable so around -2dBu. It will end up with -16 on the Amp side and -22 (-16 and -6) on the Sub channel. Is there something I've missed ?
  4. Z

Motu 8A Measurements

I'm using a Motu 8A because of your post and very happy with it but I'm not sure how to configure output trim... Any help will be appreciated: I've two channels to Sabaj A20A with XLR and one channel with RCA to my Sub (with TRS to RCA cable) From the Motu 8A documentation: Max level: +20 dBu...
  5. Z

I've received it on my side. Updated to latest firmware v1.5. Tested under Windows with no issue. With iPad 11 Pro in USB-C two major issue for me: - It is not detected when moved from Windows to iPad, you need to power down then up to be able to detect it again. - It will not works with full...
  6. Z

Some $100 DAC support it so why not paying a little bit more for a $300 DAC/AMP if the chip support it. :)
  7. Z

The DAC chip datasheet list hardware MQA decoding but Topping G5 no. It is an hidden feature or something is not implemented anywhere on the board ?
  8. Z

Is there something that will block MQA decoding in the Topping G5 ?
  9. Z

Yamaha DSP-Z7 (or RX-Z7): obsolete?

Hello Andre, I've the same question :D. I'm the proud owner of a Z7 and I would like to know if I will hear a big difference in replacing it with Hypex Ncore amp ? If some people made the move please comment ;)
  10. Z

Review and Measurements of Purifi 1ET400A Amplifier

It seems to have it, you have a setting for that and I've trried to plug 7.1 USB headphone to test it. It works but i'm not 100% sure it output 7.1 PCM audio. It also seems to have been broken...
  11. Z

Maybe another way that can reuse some component I have (Shield TV / HD Vertex). I dont know if shield will work with minidsp.. and how to process audio correctly on the PC (direct 7.1 to 5.1 or 2.1 for Roon). That's the idea... if someone can comment on possible issue it will help.
  12. Z

Today I've more stuff plugged in (Shield / DVD player / TV Box / Raspberry with DAC for audio) Thanks for the link.
  13. Z

No :) This is why I'm asking. My end of the day setup would be: - PC with TV / Movie / Music - dac8 pro - Purifi 1ET400A I dont know if it's a good idea or not this is why I'm asking. For the power module I would like to start with 2 or 4 of them (L R or L R C) then later two more.
  14. Z

Sorry if it is a dumb question but I'm wondering if this module can be used with small speaker rated like this: Recommended amplifier: 30 - 80 W Sensitivity: 90 dB / 1W / 1m Impedance: 6 Ohms The goal would be to replace internal amp from a Yamaha DSP-Z7.. any gain regarding SQ ? My reasoning...
  15. Z

Topping E30 DAC Review

I've the same issue of popping noise when changing sample rate or power management. I'm using RoPieee XL (Linux) with Roon. I've partially fixed it by upsampling to the same sample rate instead of x2 to avoid that during playback. It will be great if a firmware fix that issue.
Top Bottom