Search results

1. V

Legal fund for Reviewers/Erin?

Not a native speaker so trying to phrase so my question is understood - apologies if I don't make sense. In general, if the situation posted above is true, how generalized is this? Can we assume if a device/product in the audio world has no or few reviews it means that reviewers are declining...
  2. V

Can anyone explain the vinyl renaissance?

That's the impression that I get - why else the inability to understand something as simple as "I just like do it"? Tried to avoid triggering words, so I am glad someone else brought it up.
  3. V

Does listing equipment help anything?

Well, they ONLY ask for an equipment list. What I am saying is that for that intended purpose that is not only impractical it is also not nearly enough. As per my OP, IMHO if they were serious about evaluating what you are hearing, room size and other info about your listening environment is...
  4. V

Does listing equipment help anything?

Over at Hoffmann someone tried to start a thread about ELO's early albums, pointing out their murkiness... which I kind of agree, all IMHO opinion, of course. As audio and hearing is subjective, I was genuinely interested in people's opinion, to see how many people agreed with me. However...
  5. V

Stereophile and Audio Cables

Going from memory, I think I remember those case studies... need to review, but wanted to comment. I seem to remember that the case study looked like "We found line noise, we installed our stuff, line noise went away, everything is awesome" without showing that the noise was having any effect...
  6. V

Apologies for replying to my own post - just in case it's bad form - but the following thread popped out over at Hoffman - and guess what? ASR gets mentioned almost immediately. Again, there is an impact - a noticeable one...
  7. V

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Argument_from_authority
  8. V

hehe - should not get so triggered - but indeed, have thin skin when it comes to peeps thinking I am for magic stones/cables/dacs just because I like vinyl. While I can stop watching the thread, wish there was a way to stopping from showing up at all so I am not tempted to go back it - none...
  9. V

But that is what is happening!!! Exactly! No matter how many times I say "I AM AWARE OF THE LIMITATIONS, I KNOW THEM. I JUST LIKE IT" for some reason some people as if I said "vinyl is best" or that I believe is magic cables - I have never said that and yet you wrote what you wrote, which is...
  10. V

Well said @IPunchCholla No one should ever apologize for their own taste nor mistake it for a universal truth! @IPunchCholla you are 100% right. Lots of times when people hear someone saying "I don't like X" and X is something they like, they get on the attack, like If their baby was...
  11. V

https://thinkingispower.com/logical-fallacies/#h-i-m-entitled-to-my-opinion
  12. V

https://www.scribbr.com/fallacies/no-true-scotsman-fallacy
  13. V

The Truth About Vinyl Records

Personally and IMHO, "selfie" doesn't bother me as much except for the fact that well, now people call ALL mobile phone taken photographs "selfies"- that bothers me - Not the only one though; check the John Oliver riff on it! :D
  14. V

Occasionally coming back to the thread to see how it has moved... not much! :D Great post Anton D - Again, what part of "I just like it" bothers peeps around here? nobody is gonna be convinced to do the opposite of what they prefer nor are we saying anything is better. Some peeps just want...
  15. V

Which is a more succinct way of saying what I wrote in the post starting this line of conversation... Even if peeps won't change their minds, ASR is always in there... Banquo in their banquet, to quote Marillion (and obliquely, the bard, of course)
  16. V

Thanks to @Chrispy for the fact check and, yes, indeed that shows the level of the personalities involved. Head slap with shake indeed.
  17. V

While the discussion has been going for 22 pages, would like to point out one thing: From reading the comments in the story, I have come to the realization that ASR has become the albatross over the "improbable claims" audiophilia. Someone will always bring it out, for or against ASR. That, in...
  18. V

Snake Oil Department, Top This

HAHAHA! :D We stand together with Liberia and Myanmar in the use of the Star Wars System! :D Even though I think the use of the Star Wars system is preposterous (and I am a U.S.A. citizen - America is a continent, BTW) you gotta admire our gumption! The whole world mock us for that yet we...
  19. V

https://www.simscale.com/blog/nasa-mars-climate-orbiter-metric/
  20. V

Not to start a beef or anything - hope I don't, but respectfully pointing out that while you seem to be serious about the post, the rest of the world would see it as a parody of U.S.A ( America is a continent) thinking! :D
Top Bottom