Search results

1. A

Dolby d on avr1801 denon

Yeah I’m using Dolby too though I cannot hear much difference ATM anyway except that Dolby is louder
  2. A

Dolby d on avr1801 denon

Hello, I’m happy with my system now, I think I was a bit unappreciative of what I already have, once I set up the 5.1 I realized that the centers sound different because it’s got to deliver the vocals/dialogue of movies which is why it sounds the way it does. I was worried maybe something was...
  3. A

Dolby d on avr1801 denon

Hello, I was wondering if I could add a second subwoofer to system. It’s a 5.1 with only one preout for bass, if I use a splitter and add the second sub in this way, what are some of the consequences and will it maybe work well? I know it will work but I’m not sure if the signal will be messed up.
  4. A

Dolby d on avr1801 denon

I edited my post read the bottom
  5. A

Dolby d on avr1801 denon

Then why do the Bose on left and right sound great? But when I put in surround mode, they lose their sound. I’ve heard of Bose aka buy other sound equipment not blows I’m not sure if anyone here is familiar with the Bose model 100s, they’re pretty much the best Bose speakers ive heard, I’ve...
  6. A

Dolby d on avr1801 denon

So you think the first step is replacing the center but I have a feeling that the new replacement will still suffer from something in the receiever, I’ll try to replace A/B is just for stereo mode to have 4.1 or 4.2 when I get another sub
  7. A

Dolby d on avr1801 denon

Don’t hate on me but they’re Bose model 100s and the center is the vcs 10 bose center, the mains are fine, perhaps more expensive will sound better but these are okay. The center sucks tho, badly but even with other center channel speakers the sound was horrible , the whole output is just bad...
  8. A

Dolby d on avr1801 denon

Hi, I’ve got the setup sounding very bad when using anything other than stereo. 5.1 stereo sounds bad and so does Dolby/dts. My mains and surrounds sound ok when played on a or b channels or together. But the surround sound is horrible… I’ve had this issue with different center speakers, I have...
  9. A

Center channel!

I ended up leaving all the channels the same volume however, sometimes I will lower the left and right when I feel like hearing the center a little it more
  10. A

Receiver suggestions needed

Suspending my speakers was the best thing for them
  11. A

Receiver suggestions needed

The 901s come with an equalizer right
  12. A

Center channel!

Hey man, if you have an account on there, chance you could grab and send to me? That website is not allowing registration of new members.
  13. A

Center channel!

I’ll see, but wouldn’t the power usage of the receiver not change at the desired loudness whether I change or not? I think maybe it would give me better lower volume option
  14. A

Center channel!

I will go through the manual and see what I can about this question. Sigh I found a good manual but it’s in German. Seeing as how I don’t have the remote control, I’m gonna have to order one real quick, the user manual has some tweaking stuff I didn’t see before. I’ll come back when I have the...
  15. A

Center channel!

Left -2db, right -2db Center +12db Surrounds -2db Subwoofer -7db (I use LFE)
  16. A

Center channel!

You want me to try to put my center on a left or right channel to test the sound quality? The surrounds are already turned down at a certain minus dB level I do believe that on multichannel mode, if I don’t use the other channels and just have the center, it will go to 6ohm 105watts vs 8ohm...
  17. A

Center channel!

No clue but if you really wanna know the subwoofer has a crossover between 50-150hz, I am somewhere in between that but can’t say 100%, maybe 100hz or so. Also I use LFE for acoustic effect, regular is to boomy for the music I listen
  18. A

Center channel!

It’s a denon 1801
  19. A

Center channel!

No way I really like the center, I’m not bashing it! I’m saying I ‘finally’ got the center to sound good as a surprise to me as compared how the system as a whole sounded before and as to how long I’ve had this center since purchase, which is not long really maybe 6 months. It’s the Bose 100s...
  20. A

Center channel!

Bose vcs10 and model 100s jbl pb10 sub
Top Bottom