Search results

1. A

Sonos Five Smart Speaker Review

Certain models of the play:5, I believe it used to be called something different.
  2. A

Sonos Five Smart Speaker Review

I have three SONOS ZP120, two ZP90, a play:5, and one SONOS One. They all work great. If I want to add a new product I have to either replace my 6 legacy devices or use two apps. A shame they couldn’t figure out an economic way to allow legacy devices to play in sync with newer devices. It’s...
  3. A

A Sonos One (Gen 2) sounds deeper, better and more punchy than my KEF R11

I should have clarified, yes loudness EQ is set to on. I left everything at its default settings. I presume they chose this voicing for the wow factor. Like OP said, it sounds impressive walking into a coffee shop and seeing a tiny speaker that sounds much larger than it is. Also I agree...
  4. A

A Sonos One (Gen 2) sounds deeper, better and more punchy than my KEF R11

The woofer is always working hard, even at low volume. There is also a large bass boost at lower volumes. Here’s my Sonos One at four different levels between minimum and maximum output. Measured in a random spot in my room (SPL not calibrated). They’re using what is effectively a multiband...
  5. A

Column type PA

I've been using the Bose L1 Model II for about seven years now. I've yet to receive a single complaint. In fact, most people love them. At each event I have at least one person walk up to the towers, stand there for a second, and then ask me how it works. The voicing (with the supplied EQ/Mixer)...
  6. A

Simulation Overview - Loudspeakers Design via Shape and Topology Optimization

This is so fascinating, I look forward to your future posts. I've been searching the web for COMSOL tutorials regarding loudspeaker design. So far there is not much out there (aside from a few research papers).
  7. A

JBL CBT 70JE-1 Review (CBT Bass Speaker)

If you see my post earlier in the thread, I've done just that :) Alternatively, you can download the free EASE Viewer and JBL's provided EASE GLL file. There you can view all sorts of data and control different loudspeaker settings. This is the same data that firms will use when ( if ) they...
  8. A

Things I (still) don't Understand :)

Sound Pressure: Generally speaking, the less a speaker moves, the lower the distortion generated. Sound pressure is quantified with dB SPL. A change in 6dB is readily apparent, while a change in 10dB sounds twice as loud. Normal conversation is around 60 dB. The sensitivity tells us the dB-SPL...
  9. A

I can do this with HARMAN data. These tools can use data from NFS, though that's beyond me. Also, the 70J main unit has four operating modes: narrow/broad coverage and speech/music input. These measurements are in broad mode, music input, at 50 meters. Click here to see the full album of...
  10. A

Interesting, I was under the impression that Speakerlab was required for GLL authoring. I manually generated the animation. Open the GLL in viewer and calculate the balloon. On the balloon display, set the frequency to something low. If you hold the “up arrow” key, it will quickly cycle...
  11. A

JBL CBT 70J-1 Review (Constant Beam Transducer)

For comparison, this is the data from JBL's provided EASE file: Distance: 50m There are a lot of graphs available. If anyone wants to see more, let me know. Balloon DI On Axis
  12. A

This speaker is also available as an EASE file. Balloon DI On Axis
  13. A

Dutch & Dutch 8c Review

This is my favorite summary layout so far. Everything you would want to know (other than distortion) in one spot, and with no paragraphs cluttered between graphs.
  14. A

Review, Measurements, and Questions: Porsche Macan Bose Audio

Interesting that you mention the BMW Base Hi-Fi option for the US. I came from an F30 328xi with that audio spec. Other than the lack of bass and limited volume, I like it more than the Bose system. A good example of well thought placement / design. Also interesting about the Bose being worse...
  15. A

Yes, you can. I have an SD card with a bunch of 5.1 albums that I listen to occasionally. True 5.1 sounds impressive in the car. My thoughts exactly. I am the only person I know who would sacrifice PASM, Entry & Drive, SportChrono, Premium Package, etc just to get the Burmester. Our dealership...
  16. A

thanks y'all : ) Yes, Linear mode! It takes a good bit of bass away. Unfortunately no EQ except "bass/treble" Mono 64k Pink Periodic Thats what I've been looking for, I'll have to check it out. I agree with you, car audio is way more frustrating than in-room stuff.
  17. A

Thanks! Bose is very vague and lists two DSPs, "Centerpoint" and "SurroundStage." Centerpoint is an up mixer, and this is how they describe SurroundStage: Hmm... Sometimes it's nice sometimes it's annoying, so I typically leave it off.
  18. A

Hey y'all. I recently completed a large set of measurements of the Bose sound system in the Porsche Macan. I'm a bit apprehensive of the results, and would love to hear your feedback. This is a 14 speaker, 9 channel sound system. The picture below shows the layout and specifications of the...
  19. A

QSC PLX Recommended by Klippel

I have used all of the variants of the QSC PLX. We use them for theatrical live sound reinforcement. I use the 1602 for very small format fills, 2402 for small format fills, and 3402 for dual 18" JBL subs. Main reinforcement is an array of up to 8 Meyer Sound UPA-1P / 2 USW-1P, depending on the...
  20. A

Crazy? or Temperature, Humidity, and Speaker Sound Matter

The environment does impact the performance of a speaker. This review goes into a bit. Not sure if thats the cause of your problems though
Top Bottom