Search results

1. J

Review: Apple vs Google USB-C Headphone Adapters

I tried using the usb3 apple dongle tonight from my iPad and that gets even louder than the lightning one from my phone. I’ve no idea anymore what the lighting dongle is outputting.
  2. J

Hidizs S9 Review (Headphone Adapter)

I’ve recently purchased some sennheiser IE900 which have an impedance of 16 ohm and spl 123 dB (1 kHz, 1 Vrms) They come with a 2.5mm balanced cable. Looking at the measurements the S9 performs better in balanced mode, obviously I don’t need the extra power so would it be actually detrimental to...
  3. J

Yes that seems to be the case. I can’t measure the output voltage but based on my little test it would seem that I am managing to get more than the 0.5 v limit (which I think equated to “85-100” dB)
  4. J

I’ve discovered something regarding the lightning dongle. Living in the UK post Brexit it’s hard to know what our phones and dongles output anymore so I did a little experiment. Within ios14 you can set the volume level to a maximum of 100db manually. Using my HD660S, when I turn this OFF (no...
  5. J

Drop + THX Panda Review (headphone)

*Patiently awaits AirPod pro max review………
  6. J

I thought that would be the case from my interpretation of the measurements. I currently use the Apple dongle, I don’t expect any major audible improvements with the Z1R but I’m hoping the extra power will Benefit the HD660S so I can get rid of the desktop rig.
  7. J

I’ve got one of these coming today which I will use with my HD660S and Sony IER-Z1R. The Z1R has an impedance of 50 ohm and sensitivity of 103 db/mW. Would it be optimum to use the balanced or unbalanced output with the Z1R for best performance?
  8. J

Iphone to topping e30

Have you managed to resolve this issue? I’m thinking of getting the E30 to use with my iPhone.
  9. J

Topping L30 Headphone Amplifier Review

Which DAC would you recommend to pair with the L30?
  10. J

I live in the uk and the A1749 I have is 1vrms. I know because it clips my shure KSE1200 energiser at full volume, the KSE clips with anything above 0.7vrms Unless the input stage is dropped -10db.
Top Bottom