Search results

1. mitchco

Does Phase Distortion/Shift Matter in Audio? (no*)

Have you looked at @j_j 's presentation (download the PPT) on Acoustic and Psychoacoustic Issues in Room Correction. As far as how, one (bigger than I thought) issue is DSP/DRC tool selection. There are so many products on the market, many with little technical explanation on how they work. In...
  2. mitchco

Introducing Hang Loose Convolver from Accurate Sound

No disagreement @UliBru And I am not saying one way is better than the other either. In my case, it just turned out that way due to the lack of cabling/connector options I had at the time and too lazy to go back and fix it. For sure, the ability to arbitrarily change output routing in an active...
  3. mitchco

@Keith_W and @DWPress thanks for the assist guys. Keith, just wanted to point out that there is nothing wrong with Audiolense's config file generation. Acourate has a "fixed" output format where crossovers (and correction filters) are generated in the sequence 1L, 1R, 2L, 2R, 3L, 3R, 4L, 4R...
  4. mitchco

Hi @mk1classic yes, the .cfg file contains the routing that you have defined in Audiolense output channels when you took the measurement. You should not have to edit the .cfg file and should be 1:1 mapping HLC output channels to the Audio Output channels. Please see the "Important note on...
  5. mitchco

@AudioJester very cool! If you feel like sharing, and have the time, a couple of screen shots would be awesome. Curious, which device is the master clock?
  6. mitchco

Mystery solved! I am glad it is working for you now. Some possible distortion plugins. There are two issues here. One is you can't connect JRIver's ASIO output to the input VB-Virtual Audio Cable as it is a WDM driver, so I am not surprised by the dropouts as this should not be even able to...
  7. mitchco

Thanks @jhenderson0107 !!
  8. mitchco

Thanks @DWPress !! @AudioJester I am not sure of DWPress's setup, but you can drop HLHost in Windows startup and if all the devices are on and present, then all you need to do is press play on your phone app.
  9. mitchco

@AudioJester Yes, no problem.
  10. mitchco

Thank you for your suggestions. Yes, I am working with @PavelV at Audiopraise. Making good progress. More to come.
  11. mitchco

Hi @ShadowFiend no easy way I am afraid as neither Roon or HQPlayer supports the VST or AU plugin model. So HLC would need to be setup as a standalone app using HLHost. It would require a virtual audio driver to take the output of Roon and loop it back into the input of HLHost, through...
  12. mitchco

Why "audiophiles" don't use VSTs?

@LouB You are missing the point. For example, If streaming Spotify and wanting to add eq or digital room correction or maybe cross talk cancellation, there are plugins that can provide that capability. That has nothing to do with remixing or remastering. The tape machine to DSP plugin is a...
  13. mitchco

Why "audiophiles" don't use VSTs?

Steinberg released the VST interface specification and SDK in 1996. Its the defacto standard in music production. Today, KVR Marketplace lists thousands of plugins. As someone who was a pro recording and mixing engineer for 10 years back in the 80's it is mind blowing to watch the...
  14. mitchco

Keith_W DSP system

Keith, just a quick note re: filter latency. For movie watching you may want to try a minimum phase FIR filter which still allows for a high tap count to control the bass, but no inherent latency like a linear phase FIR filter. Example here.
  15. mitchco

Room acoustics - a full breakdown and analysis

I was just about to post Digital Room Correction, Amir beat me to it. Think wavelengths. Bass traps, even tuned Helmholtz resonators do (very) little below 100 Hz. While Dirac is a goto, it does not perform low frequency excess phase correction like other DRC software does. All rooms exhibit...
  16. mitchco

Room Correction Hardware/Software Issues, Options. Please Advise.

Yes, it is set and forget. In either case, of the Okto or Mk5, one can select the ASIO driver and see both inputs and outputs. Here is an example of the mk5 I/O in Hang Loose Host app: Just select whichever inputs and output as required. And it does not have to be just Hang Loose Convolver...
  17. mitchco

uBACCH now available for Windows

Hi Davide, sorry, Hang Loose Host is not free as cross platform virtual audio drivers are being added along with other features.
  18. mitchco

Thanks Keith for your input, much appreciated. Those are good suggestions and I totally hear you on the analog trim! I have chatted with my DSP Partners abut including their DRC/DSP software for a fully integrated solution, including mic pre/ADC and DAC along with convolution. Certainly possible...
  19. mitchco

I hear you and been meaning to get back to you. I am working with a company that develops custom digital audio I/O boards compatible with Raspberry Pi. Can't go into too much detail yet but likely be a 1U chassis and the number of digital I/O channels will be configurable. Trying for the "Swiss...
  20. mitchco

As it says on the web site, right below the download links, a license key is required. As @mk1classic says, click on the link to receive a trial activation key.
Top Bottom