Search results

1. teched58

Stereophile's Jim Austin Says Streaming Atmos Sucks

Stereophile Editor-in-Chief Jim Austin has a new As We See It column, entitled Dolby Atmos: A Bleak Shadow? Here, Austin is continuing his one-man crusade against Atmos as it's currently streamed by Apple Music. (To be clear, Austin is criticizing "lossy" Atmos as streamed. Not lossless Atmos...
  2. teched58

New Year's 2024 Audiophile resolutions

It's that time of year again! I've been thinking about what I'd like to do audio-wise in 2024 and was wondering what others in the ASR community are thinking about. Here are my three "resolutions": 1) Try some cheap schiiiit In 2024, I plan to finally take the low-cost plunge and get a Class...
  3. teched58

How "bad" must a Speaker be for normies to notice?

All of us here at ASR are accustomed to detailed tech dumps on speakers, in the many wonderful analyses by Amir and others. So I was wondering about the people -- probably the majority of buyers -- who don't look at any of that stuff. It raises a whole bunch of questions, and I was wondering if...
  4. teched58

Stereophile's Jim Austin disagrees w Atkinson; says tubes have something that can't be measured

In Stereophile's review of the Mastersound 845 Compact integrated amplifier, which is a tube amp, editor in chief Jim Austin is once again publicly disagreeing with a reviewer; this time it's John Atkinson. Basically, the TL;DR is that in the measurements section of the review, Atkinson (JA1)...
Top Bottom