Search results

1. teched58

Tekton M-Lore Speaker Review

Audiokarma appears to have deleted their entire thread, "Youtube Reviewer Threatened With Legal Action Over Speaker Review." It was at 12 pages yesterday. This morning it's gone. I guess they really have a bug up their digital butt over there about the high quality, quantitative work ASR is...
  2. teched58

I've obtained this exclusive picture of Eric Alexander in the TekTon Design Control Room, as he struggles to keep up with the flood of social media posts condemning his online behavior, while he simultaneously conference calls with his sock puppets to direct their responses. If you stand in the...
  3. teched58

Washington State residents can obtain an Antiharassment Protection Order (AHPO) as follows: "To protect against unwanted contact or behavior that causes substantial emotional distress and serves no legitimate or lawful purpose. The contact could be a pattern of behavior that occurs over time...
  4. teched58

A) You selectively enforce this B) Eric's behavior is at the core of this thread. How can we discuss his behavior without discussing his behavior?
  5. teched58

I see another patent in Eric's future: "Building and Securing Loudspeaker Crossovers Using Common Materials Lying Around In Your Basement."
  6. teched58

Legal fund for Reviewers/Erin?

One potential pitfall is that engineering types may be willing to preemptively give up/negotiate away rights that journalists already have, which the engineers are unaware of. Engineers have an instinct for conciliation. Journalists have an instinct for combat. P.S. My final observation is...
  7. teched58

Permission from the manufacturer to do a review is NEVER necessary. It sets a bad precedent. Procedurally, it could shut down any site that engages in it, because sites want to publish fast. Manufacturers want to review stuff written about them slooowly. Mainstream review sites like Consumer...
  8. teched58

You are about to learn the meaning of the phrase "No good deed goes unpunished."
  9. teched58

There is likely a very good reason Eric Alexander hasn't responded or said anything specific about the measurements: It's probably because, other than simple frequency response plots, ERIC ALEXANDER IS NOT CONVERSANT WITH AND CAN NEITHER READ NOR UNDERSTAND SPEAKER MEASUREMENTS. It someone...
  10. teched58

Who gives a shiit what Eric wants? After they way he threatened Erin and Amir, after his bullying, babyish, batspit crazy behavior, HE DOESN'T GET TO DICTATE TERMS TO ANYONE. Getting on a Zoom "to work things" out with Eric is a prescription for having things get worse. Also, re his...
  11. teched58

> JA1 wrote: Regardless of how the manufacturer reacts to seeing the print, the text of the review is not changed. If this is true, and I have no reason to doubt it, SP is on ethical solid ground and I withdraw any suggestion that it is not.
  12. teched58

Eric is used to receiving a gentle massages from the reviewer -- in this case, Stereophile -- before a review of his speaker is published. (Above is a comment on the Youthman video on YT.)
  13. teched58

Eric Alexander states that Stereophile shows their reviews to the company being reviewed IN ADVANCE OF PUBLICATION!! Wrecking ball Eric has let something out of the bag that I'm sure Jim Austin would rather have kept private. (Eric is so off the beam that he's now hurting his SUPPORTERS!) (On...
  14. teched58

Did anyone read Atkinson's somewhat passive-aggressive comment, which is in the discussion beneath the SP Moab review? He writes: "... a 1990s Supreme Court opinion held that an opinion expressed by a recognized authority on a subject might not necessarily have First Amendment protection, the...
  15. teched58

With respect, Eric, the locutions you've used throughout this thread -- "perfectly linear frequency response," "perfectly linear loudspeaker," the point being your use of the adjective "perfectly"-- betray the approach of an amateur designer. What even does "perfect" mean. Is it +/0 db over the...
  16. teched58

Eric Alexander "pulling" products off the market is just another empty move. Tekton manufactures speakers to order. There is no factory in China that he's paying to produce speakers in quantity that he has to "shut down." Tekton does not have a manufacturing line up and running. SO THERE IS...
  17. teched58

It's always amusing when the many IANALs think that their common sense is a reliable guide to how the law works, or should work, and what the law is. HINT: What you THINK the law is, or how you think it works or should work, is non-pertinent to any legal discussion. As non-lawyers, you have no...
  18. teched58

Why does anyone think that Eric will stop harrassing Erin when Erin's revised review is up? If there's even the MILDEST thing in the new review that Eric doesn't like, he's gonna go apespit again. Erin's only move to get Eric to stop threatening litigation is either to pull his punches and...
  19. teched58

I think Eric will be nice for the rest of today, because Stereophile just gave a big wet kiss to his $30,000 Tekton Moab Be speakers. See "Tekton Moab Be loudspeaker."
  20. teched58

I would be worried that @Eric Alexander would threaten to sue me if I bought a Tekton speaker and subsequently said something he didn't like on a forum somewhere. I wonder if other potential customers are now crossing Tekton off my list, the way I've just crossed them off mine.. No need to...
Top Bottom