Search results

1. K

Legal fund for Reviewers/Erin?

Hi, I have not yet looked through all of the 58 pages, but I'll do whatever I can to help. I might be from the other side of the fence, but I'm fighting for a free and independent press because I strongly believe that without a critical press, reviews are useless—blah, blah, with no meaning. I...
  2. K

Wharfedale Diamond 12.1 Review (Speaker)

I offered to do one for Eversolo (the distributor here in Germany is around the corner), but they don't want a speaker. All those new companies are good at designing products closely around the evaluation board of the chip manufacturer (and that's OK and makes sense), but developing a marketing...
  3. K

...there are some ideas. The woofer could get a better cone in a new shape for better roll-off. The design has always been more or less the same since 1010. Cabinet proportions are not ideal, and the port tube can be better placed and resonance improved (less output in the midband). A simpler...
  4. K

I can only talk about it based on companies telling me they don't sell those cheaper speakers. I see that Q-Acoustics introduced a range above the 3000 series that should have been updated a long time ago. On the other hand, the new voicing of Q-Acoustic 5000 is so different; who knows how a new...
  5. K

It will not be made by me - that's for sure. ATB KH
  6. K

Hi, what you noticed is what we do during the development. We listen to the speakers with all sorts of music and tune them so that the maximum number of tracks sounds good (to us). Believe me, it's very easy to make a speaker flat, but they would sound harsh and forward in most cases. We can...
  7. K

Eversolo AMP-F2 Class D Power Amplifier (Coming Soon)

Hi from Germany, I got the amp here for testing, and I did a quick and dirty first measurement compared to the Hypex DIY latest generation. I measured @ 8 Ohm. It's not the same as Armir does, but maybe it's good enough for a first impression. Output power is 150W@8 Ohm, both channels driven...
  8. K

Epos ES 14 N - best passive Speaker in SpiNorama.org so far? (7.4/10 with equalisation without subwoofer)

Yes, it does. There is a gasket below the woofer basket and the tweeter has a gasket plus washers on the screw between the plate and the cabinet. We ask dealers to check the torque when they set-up the speakers with or for a customer
  9. K

Epos ES 14 N - best passive Speaker in SpiNorama.org so far? (7.4/10 with equalisation without subwoofer)

Hi, we have 4 areas.....the most important one is the cabinet. On a budget speaker, you cannot make too complicated things, so you will have more unwanted output from ports or vibrations form side panels and so on. And of course, the surface is not veneer or paint, but just foil. But by...
  10. K

Rogers LS3/5a (BBC) Speaker Review

They have been sold again....almost - now to a Chinese company. PSS sold again
  11. K

Hi Dennis, nowadays, it's more and on top comes the international distributor margin as well, who sells it to the local dealer.
  12. K

Still trying to find a good distributor for EPOS in the US.....not so easy right now, as distributors or dealers are not investing money. Yeah, the distribution cost is still high. I'm not saying too high; I just wanted to point out that the money is not in our pockets.
  13. K

No...it's not. The manufacturer gets the smallest margin. The distribution is expensive and eats most of the money.
  14. K

No, that's not true in my opinion. Professional active monitors have settings for those effects when used on a console or the wall. But maybe the BBC had those specs internally, but why should they publish them? They designed a speaker and gave a license to build it for their own internal use...
  15. K

But in this case, the speaker was designed that way. It makes no sense to create a speaker for Freefield if you use it close to a wall. So BBC did it the way they needed the speakers to work. What Hifi people made out of it is a different story.
  16. K

Obviously, I would look at the speakers with a different eye. I can tell you what I see: Bottom end: the Q of the speaker is pretty high, so that's the bump at 100 Hz. I'm sure this was chosen to compensate for the fact that nothing was happening at the lower end. It uses the trick of your...
  17. K

THE HI-FI SHOW IN AUSTRIA

Obviously, you don't know who was there....so what is your intention here? Badmouth a show you did not see with visitors you don't know and with demos you did not hear? It's starting to be challenging to take this forum seriously....at least some of the members here.
  18. K

The world is not only back and white. As long as you are not listening to Pink Noise only, you need to think about the music as well. I prefer to play "my" music on Vinyl because that was the medium used when it came out. Many digital versions of it have been "improved" when making the digital...
  19. K

It's just the equivalent of a 6.3l V8 engine in a coach-type suspension pick-up truck ;)
Top Bottom