Search results

1. M

Headphone Cable - Static Electricity - Potential Damage?

Yikes, scary about the amp. Seems like in this case a competently built product in this regard should be okay. I guess there’s a reality too that a lot of cables are built this way. If people were frying their gear with them we’d all have heard about it by now. Thanks for your feedback.
  2. M

Good to hear about the headphones. Sounds like from what you’re saying risk to amp is low too. Thinking now also that if it hasn’t incurred damage yet, it probably won’t. Thanks for your help.
  3. M

Thanks. Would you expect most modern amps to have protection built-in? The one I'd be most disappointed with damaging would be the Singxer SA-1. I haven't done it but there is jumper "mod" that I believe bypasses DC protection. Would this be any more dangerous with the static issue or is...
  4. M

Hello! I'm posting this under DYI hoping to pick the brains of other cable makers out there or at least those who have a better understanding of electricity than me (the bar isn't super high on that one). I have enjoyed making a few headphone cables which have utilized one of Canare's 4...
  5. M

R2R DACs .. Comeback?

Any idea if the 4.4 out of the RU6 could be used as the DAC signal to another headphone amp? In other words, do you think it would be possible to go 4.4 headphone out from the RU6 to balanced xlr like is done with some iFi products? I can't seem to find documentation from Cayin. Have you...
  6. M

Focal Elegia Review (Closed Back Headphone)

Based on your feedback I'm definitely intrigued. Just to confirm, are these the ones?
  7. M

Focal Elegia Review (Closed Back Headphone)

Great photo. Would you mind sharing how the Dekoni pads affected the sound signature? I have owned these with their stock pads for about a month and really enjoy them with a little tweaking from a Schiit Loki. I use it to bring up both the low and high frequencies which I find make these...
  8. M

FS: Schiit Magni Heresy - $80

Amp sold locally...thanks ASR.
  9. M

FS: Schiit Loki Mini 4 Band EQ - $100

Loki is sold...thanks ASR!
  10. M

FS: Schiit Loki Mini 4 Band EQ - $100

Selling a Schiit Loki mini. EQ is in excellent condition and works as expected/intended. No original boxes but everything will be carefully and well packed. Included: Schiit Loki Mini with Schiit-provided wall wart PayPal goods and services only (I’ll cover fee), buyer pays shipping. From a...
  11. M

FS: Schiit Magni Heresy - $80

Selling a Schiit Magni Heresy. Amp is in excellent condition and works as expected/intended. No original boxes but everything will be carefully and well packed. Included: Schiit Magni Heresy with Schiit-provided wall wart PayPal goods and services only (I’ll cover fee), buyer pays shipping...
  12. M

Planar magnetic alternative/upgrade from HD6XX

I wholeheartedly agree with the above post. 6xx as you know is praised for being lush and soulful whereas I reach for the sundara when looking for articulate clarity. The greater detail and increased soundstage is immediately apparent with the latter. The sundara does not smooth things over...
  13. M

DIY Meier Crossfeed Questions

I'm ashamed to say that I have not. I incidentally ended up with the Monoprice amp that includes their "Dirac" feature which accomplishes something similar. For the time being it's met my need for reducing the dramatic R/L channel effect of some recordings. I'm keeping the parts though in...
  14. M

The HifiMAN Sundara sounds terrible

You should seriously consider that fact that something may be wrong with your individual Sundara. I had to send a pair back because one driver was audibly bass-light and now I couldn't be happier with them. 1000s of people applaud them and they are consistently regarded (and tested) as a very...
  15. M

Suggestions for dac/pre with eq.

This DAC/amp from monoprice does what you’re looking for. Reviewed here... https://audiosciencereview.com/forum/index.php?threads/review-and-measurements-of-monoprice-thx-desktop-dac-amp.7483/
  16. M

Thanks for your input and I plan to check out those recordings. I think for now I’ll simplify things by going without the switch and since this is DIY in nature I could always add it later. I guess the personalization of it all is part of what makes this so enjoyable - we get to choose every...
  17. M

Hmmm...that's a very good and practical point. I guess I assumed I wouldn't want crossfeed with modern recording but it sounds like if I'm bothered by the ones that I think require it then it's probably a good "all the time" idea. Thanks!
Top Bottom