Search results

1. G

Minidsp SHD ; Initial Impressions; set up etc

Maybe someone will post their experience with the latest version of Volumio. Problem is, it’s third party software, So, no matter how bad it is, miniDSP can’t modify it. In fact, we‘re lucky if we see an upgrade every two years or so. At least the Wiim gets regular updates. Best of luck with...
  2. G

Minidsp SHD ; Initial Impressions; set up etc

Happy New Year. There were a lot of “self-induced” bugs last year due to the release of a new user interface (New Device Console). These all seem to have been resolved, as I can’t see any complaints in the last two months on the miniDSP forum. Personally, I haven’t upgraded to the new...
  3. G

Minidsp SHD Review Updated (DSP, DAC & Streamer)

“Is Volumio used also for Tidal Connect?” Yes. I use both Tidal Connect & Spotify Connect with no issues. However, apart from that, the version of Volumio it uses is the worst piece of streaming software on the planet. No one knows if it will ever be upgraded. So if you plan to stream anything...
  4. G

AI music vs real quiz (easy)

It summarises the tell tale signs of AI music as: Grainy sound Time warping and general "wonkiness" Inaudible vocals Lyrics that don't make sense That’s an exact description of Grime!
  5. G

BK Electronic subwoofer - any experience?

I’ve been using a BK Gemini II for just over a year in a room just a bit smaller than yours. I’m very pleased with the result, using DSP (Dirac). I’ve tried it in various positions and can’t hear any difference, maybe thanks to Dirac. I always thought of the Gemini II as a cheap introduction...
  6. G

Starting From Scratch

Surprised you didn’t get a response from any of our members, especially as you have such a “blank canvas”. I can’t comment on speakers in your price range. However, I would recommend allocating, what would be, a fraction of your total cost on room correction software e.g. Dirac. Of course...
  7. G

Bluetooth receiver into DAC into power amplifier - would this work?

Do you have any info or links regarding the Chromecast Audio 2 ?
  8. G

Sorry, didn’t realise you needed Roon. I don’t use it - never will. I think the SHD supports Roon. but the Flex doesn’t.
  9. G

That’s exactly how I’m using it (see my signature). I’m very happy with the result. However, given the choice again, I would buy the miniDSP Flex and a separate streamer. The streamer (Volumio) in the SHD is ok for Spotify and Tidal Connect, but a complete disaster for anything else.
  10. G

Spotify Streaming: Chrome Cast Audio > Volumio > Wiim Mini streamer; My experience

I (and probably many other members) have been using a CCA for years with both Tidal and Spotify with no connectivity issues. I can‘t hear any difference in SQ between CCA and Volumio on the SHD. As @Steve Rogers says, the CCA is bit perfect Spotify Connect works ok on the SHD, but Volumio is...
  11. G

WiiM Mini Streamer

This (or a similar) question has been asked a number of times in this thread without a response. The terms “TIDAL Master support“ and “bypass MQA” seem to contradict each other. Can @WiiM Support clarify what this feature means.
  12. G

Neumann KH 80 + Sub for PC?

Yes, you will need to buy the recommended microphone and probably an audio interface too. It‘s getting more expensive….. Are you looking at Newman specifically to use their DSP? There are other options.
  13. G

WiiM Mini Streamer

What does “TIDAL Master support (bypass MQA)” mean?
  14. G

WiiM Mini Streamer

That would be a great test. Unfortunately, it was never done for the Chromecast Audio.
  15. G

Alternatives to CA CXNv2 for 2in1 DAC/Streamer <$1K?

If the OP use case is just streaming from an on line service, I can’t think of a better solution than CCA plus DAC of choice. I’ve tried Pi with various software. Nothing comes close to streaming via CCA with native app (Spotify, Tidal etc.) for ease of use. So long as you don’t need gapless.
  16. G

Correct. However, some people would recommend configuring the subwoofers in mono. Personally, I find one subwoofer sufficient … but each subwoofer will be perfectly crossed with the loudspeaker regarding phase and delay. only two channels, that is to say that it is the same as the DDCR-24 ...
  17. G

Just two channels. Any adjustment you make to these two channels affect the subwoofers.
  18. G

Look at photos of the Flex rear panel. It has four separate outputs. You can use them as follows: 1. Right speaker 2. Left speaker 3. Subwoofer 1 4. Subwoofer 2 I don’t think you will hear any difference in sound quality between the SHD and the Flex. I have the SHD. If I had the choice again...
  19. G

Read it again. It says: “Optional upgrade to Dirac Live® 3.x Digital Room Correction, Full Range Room Correction (20~20kHz)” 3.x is the Dirac version. The Flex will calibrate two speakers and TWO subwoofers.
  20. G

Minidsp Flex Review (Audio DSP)

Thanks for getting that changed. It would be even better if they removed the statement “We've noticed a performance drop on outputs (15dB SINAD drop)” Anyway, at least ASR members now have clarification.
Top Bottom