Search results

1. H

KEF Blade 2 Meta review by Erin's Audio Corner

Nothing. This is just a pissing contest instead of working together. Amir and Erin share the same goal. This race for purity is just out of place.
  2. H

I would like to see reviews of the Perlisten Towers in comparison. Similar price range but a different concept to reach a similar goal.
  3. H

This phenomenon we see here with some users is called "purity spiral". After "cleaning" the forum with reviews like the ones from Erin the community would further turn against themselves. So the line would in the end be a circle - around yourself.
  4. H

Imo it is more like the accusations of some people regarding Erin here leave a bad taste.
  5. H

You dont have to read the thread. What‘s out of place is the negativity and toxicity that is brought to another reviewer in this forum.
  6. H

PS Audio sent Erin their speaker??!!

But why all the drama. I personally also dont give much weight on the subjective part but the criticism is going a little overboard. Erin doesnt claim to be scientifically accurate with his subjective evaluation. He also puts several disclaimers.
  7. H

Because he is a narcissist that takes personal offense in being wrong. The while thread speaks volume of the toxicity of this forum at times. Erin does nice reviews, provides objective data and just tries to correlate what he hears to the data. Whoever has a problem with that doesnt follow...
  8. H

Erin made a nice review of this speaker. Together with amirs reviews those er the two most helpful reviewers of audio stuff at the moment. Why does it always have to be that toxic? No wonder that the public is not liking „the science“ when it they behaves like that. Being „right“ means not much...
  9. H

Fosi Audio ZA3 Amplifier Review

Nice would be also when it has a PEQ and headphone amp. I dont bother having extra devices for this purpose on my desk.
  10. H

It has to some point. Manufacturers from China developing products to appeal ASR protocols. In case of DACs the results is no real use case. In case of the chip amps it is overblown SIAND and power ratings.
  11. H

Also some DACs present some pops and stuff when changing sample rates. That's why a 130db SINAD DAC is some typical ASR product. It measures nice in one metric but has little use since it just a DAC. Not a pre amp, not a Headphone amp and not a PEQ. That's why I find those kind of products...
  12. H

No, it is just a hypothesis and certainly possible. Affirmation will be difficult since no one would admit that. But I think it is well known that some of those Chinese Hifi brands (which abbreviation may not be spoken out) did some research in forums like this in the past to develop a market...
  13. H

I dont think amir got a "review sample". The measurements that he and erin did look similar. It is just that ernin did some additional measurements where the Fosi shows some weaknesses. And btw that goes as well for the Wiim amp. So yes, when I say I suggest they optimzied it for the ASR...
  14. H

The Wiim amp is doing it correctly.
  15. H

Doesnt look so good. It almost seems that it was optimised to look good on the ASR measurument protocol. No 180W "Hifi watts" delivered here.
  16. H

Wharfedale Linton 85th Anniversary speaker review & measurements by Erin's Audio Corner

Ah ok, integrating some kind of waveguide in the grille seems like as smart idea to actually get rid of diffractions.
  17. H

AIYIMA A70 Stereo Amplifier Review

But they have advantages. I am looking for a more powerful desktop amp to drive my KEF R3. Naturally the Apollon Audio et al amps are way bigger due to the internal PSU. They dont really fit on my desk but having a PSU on the ground would be OK.
  18. H

Wharfedale Linton 85th Anniversary speaker review & measurements by Erin's Audio Corner

Dont know but then edges scream for diffraction and the placement of the drivers is odd.
  19. H

NAD T799 Surround AVR (competent for DLART with up to 4 subs)

They mentioned it first in 2019. What a joke. BTW it would be a real bummer if the T778/758/777 would not get a 4 sub MDC card.
  20. H

Active Room Treatment (ART) by Dirac

We know that and this seems to be the case in this example. In that case with only 2 speakers ART cannot do much more than a regular correction with PEQs.
Top Bottom