Search results

1. Jukebox

Monitor Audio Platinum 3G

Bass and midrange are very similar; however I definitely prefer the new tweeter response which I can lower with Dirac and have some headroom. Although in my treated room, with minimum toe-in, I don't find it offensive on most recordings...there are some exceptions. Mot likely I will only address...
  2. Jukebox

These have already been posted here; but is not the same quality/resolution as measurements from Amir, Erin, Soundstage, Audioholics ... etc But of course they are better than nothing, that's for sure!
  3. Jukebox

Unfortunately you cant find many measurements for Gold and Platinum .... don't think this will change anytime soon
  4. Jukebox

Nice Talk with Paul Barton of PSB Speakers

I attended to a conference in Austria 2 months ago together with Mr Barton. What an amazing person/engineer/music lover! Of course I embraced the opportunity and discussed everything audio related with him: speaker design, driver materials, active vs passive, measurements, multichannel, room...
  5. Jukebox

KEF R3 Meta - Review & Measurements by Erin

This one included? Or this is the exception?
  6. Jukebox

Still investigating the 1.8khz raise; don't think is the speakers itself, because the near field measurements don't show this peak...will report back when I will find the cause.
  7. Jukebox

After spending the last months with the Platinum 200 3G, I can now share my 2cents. Firstly, it's safe to say that they are very good speakers ... SOTA? maybe not, but close and good enough for me to buy them; at least until I move into a bigger room. My current room is around 22m2 and they fit...
  8. Jukebox

Pioneer releases new Elite flagship AVR VSX-LX805 with XLR inputs/outputs for front L/R channels

That sounds encouraging Any HDMI/CEC/ARC handshake problems and glitches?
  9. Jukebox

Munich Hi-End

Yes, I did. Amazing sound as one can imagine, great envelopment and impact from the subwoofers. But at the end of the day, maked me happy with my system at a fraction of the cost:)
  10. Jukebox

KEF R8 Meta Dolby Atmos Speaker Review

For my future home cinema room I was debating for front/rear heights (Auro 3D) between these and LS50Meta. For whatever reason I thought that R8A Meta will be to small/non-linear/high distortion at bigger volumes compared with LS50 Meta. But now that I saw the measurement, they do make a lot of...
  11. Jukebox

He already did 2 months ago in the Kef R Meta Series Release topic: "Just to make you aware, the R8 META is a certified by Dolby for use as an Atmos Upward-Firing Speaker. It's designed to hit strict frequency response and directivity targets specified by Dolby so it works optimally in this...
  12. Jukebox

The R Meta line is something else; if we get this kind of distortions from the baby R8a, the bigger brothers should be almost textbook... and not for uber expensive prices. Thanks for this Amir! hope you will get the R7 or R11 to see what more we can get in terms of performance :)
  13. Jukebox

KEF R Series with MAT white paper

R is made in China where they probably have a factory standard unit to match for an entire batch of speakers. Reference is made in England where every speaker and crossover is measured against the factory standard unit; and you also get a paper with the actually frequency response measurement...
  14. Jukebox

Eversolo DMP-A6 Streamer Review

Doesn't have any DSP unfortunately; It's a streamer/DAC/preamp. You can use Roon for DSP/EQ.
  15. Jukebox

Eversolo DMP-A6 Streamer Review

EverSolo in rapidly growing in awareness and if they will continue on this path I can predict a bright future for them. Great products so far!
  16. Jukebox

In his book (3rd edition, 10.5.1), Floyd Toole wrote that in order to have a predictable experience the listener-speaker distance should be 3 to 10 times the largest dimensions of the sound source (as by Berabek,1986). In my case with a 1 m tall speakers that would be minimum 3m, so I am...
  17. Jukebox

The blend between the tweeter and midrange is superb. Seems like one driver, I can't understand your count :)
  18. Jukebox

Thanks David and Jack! Amazing work! Truly appreciated!
  19. Jukebox

McIntosh MC462 Stereo Amplifier Review (by ErinsAudioCorner.com)

So the SINAD is 97, or 106 as measured by Stereophile? It's quite a big difference :) They are both in your spreadsheets, line 22 and 58
Top Bottom