Search results

1. J

Wharfedale Denton 80th Anniversary Speaker Review

Welp, I own a pair and thought I liked them :oops::(. Guess my hearing isn’t as good as I had hoped. I’ve never considered them bright, the opposite in fact, maybe the grills do make a large difference? Obviously not a great speaker regardless.
  2. J

Poll: Audio Science Review in the World (2024)

Minneapolis
  3. J

Sold

Selling my blue pair of Philharmonic True Mini’s. https://www.philharmonicaudio.com/True-Mini.html Great sounding speakers, think I’m going to step up to the Ceramic Minis for my space. They have acquired a few scratches on bottom. (See pics). Im asking $360 with shipping to lower 48 and PP...
  4. J

My Arylic B50 Bluetooth Stereo Amplifier Experience

To answer my own question, I ordered one, it appears to be an actual crossover.
  5. J

Air conditioner question

I installed a two zone Mitsubishi ductless mini split in my attic bedroom (hot in summer) and basement media room (freezing in winter) a couple of years ago. Some of the best $8k I’ve ever spent.
  6. J

My Arylic B50 Bluetooth Stereo Amplifier Experience

Does anybody know if the ‘crossover’ on the app control is a HPF, LPF (for just sub out?) or an actual crossover?
  7. J

Soundcraft Notepad 5 Audio Interface Review

Hook an Alesis Quadraverb up to it and watch the SNR drop to 2dB. :D
  8. J

Soundcraft Notepad 5 Audio Interface Review

Bar trivia, ultra budget singer song writer, YouTube 'creator'.
  9. J

Mesh WiFi recommendations?

Im more than happy with my Amplii Alien Mesh. https://amplifi.com/alien
  10. J

F/S MiniDSP DDRC-24

Guess I priced wrong? $325 shipped etc?
  11. J

Importance of having a remote or app with subwoofer?

Is it not better to use the bass tone control to adjust LF level after calibration is done? I’ve always thought that would keep sub to top alignment correct and just alter the overall sound to whatever is desired.
  12. J

F/S MiniDSP DDRC-24

Selling my DDRC-24. Originally a 2x4HD that has been upgrade to a Dirac DDRC24. Works great. Has some scratches on case. $375 inc shipping to lower 48 and PayPal fees.
  13. J

Sold JBL 4309

Price lowered. $1k.
  14. J

How dangerous is lifting the ground on a source component?

I wasn’t really assuming anything that Minidsp said. I was just pointing out that the speaker has a signal ground lift switch and that is different to lifting the safety ground and will likely fix the posters issue.
  15. J

How dangerous is lifting the ground on a source component?

Signal ground. Different to lifting the power ground. Lifting signal ground should fix the issue safely.
  16. J

SOLD. Vanatoo T Zero

Selling my pair of Vanatoo T Zero's. In great working order and good aesthetic condition. They include all original accessories (remote, PSU, link cable, grills & matts) but not the original box. Work great, sound great, just don't really have a use for them currently. I will snap some...
  17. J

Sold JBL 4309

Selling my black JBL 4309's. Amazing sounding speakers, see Amir's review https://www.audiosciencereview.com/forum/index.php?threads/jbl-4309-review-speaker.27255/ I really like these speakers but have decided to buy a pair of 4305p's as they'll fit my use case a little more. I bought them...
  18. J

PA speakers

Excellent post!
  19. J

Am I crazy for abandoning Room EQ?

I have just done the same thing on my with two of my systems! Family Room BMR Towers sound better without ARC engaged and Front Room Wharedale Denton's + Sub sound better with just a little PEQ on the sub. More impact, more natural and more enjoyment. Basement sounds best with Dirac on though.
Top Bottom