Search results

1. A

Review and Measurements of Chord Mojo DAC and Amp

yes old hardware changing behavior when battery dies is a real problem, the 2009 macbook white i am writing on is cpu throttled down to 80% since my battery no longer hold charge, it seems it is a sofware decision in this case but the result is the same so we must pay attention to what...
  2. A

Studio monitor speakers without hiss?

305p mk2, i am pretty sure all 305 have hiss but some user listen at 6 feet distance and at such distance the twitter hiss may be inaudible to many, i listen near field at 1.5 feet distance, but my adam f7 have zero hiss even at 1 inch distance
  3. A

on my jbl 305 tweeter hiss is independant of gain, it is always there (unless i turn gain to 0), i have no hiss on my adam f7, there is a hiss list here at asr just look at it
  4. A

passive filters wont help in the case of jbl 305 the hiss is coming from the super low quality internal class D amp, there is hiss even with audio cables unplugged.
  5. A

MEIZU Hifi Pro USB-C Phone Dongle DAC Review

i also don't hear a significant difference between internal dac of my phone (sony) and meizu pro dac (with my macbook white 2009 internal dac, ii hear a small difference doing intensively focused A/B testing)) . this because most of us can't based on our gear and auditory capacity. if it can...
  6. A

MEIZU Hifi Pro USB-C Phone Dongle DAC Review

Ti get maximum volume you must use a bit direct audio app such as uapp or hiby that controls hardware usb volume
  7. A

I measured 10 subwoofers.

all that work to get this much data and no insights or conclusion ?
  8. A

more power = more bass ? apple dongle (31mw) vs moondrop dawn 4.4 (230mW) on letshuoer s12 planar iem

to tackle the idea that if you feed more power you'd get more bass and better dynamics i graphed two dongle dac of very different power outputs. audio recording of pink noise in the s12 planar iem fed by these 2 dongles : * apple dongle (EU version) 31mW on it's se 3.5mm plug * moondrop dawn...
  9. A

why don't we graph DACs ? ( i did !)

i think i had a confirmation bias i was looking for a warmer graph on hip2 here are 10 samples of each (only looking at 47hz value) dawn 4.4 : -19,-21,-19,-22,-19,-18,-17,-17,-19,-18 - average=-18.9 hip2 : -19,-18,-18,-19,-19,-18,-21,-22,-17,-17 - average=-18.8 so it looks very identical...
  10. A

you are right +-3db variation upon samples seem to be the order of magnitude i see when comparing my few samples (variations in eartip placements on the mic it seems) i need a bigger pool of samples to have conclusive results
  11. A

Sorry about my loose terminology by dac i mean these products i am using (dongle dac, portable dac) that are in reality dac+amp, the difference must certainly come from the amp
  12. A

Sorry i was not clear, i mean the bass starts 6bd higher on the hip2@50hz to get to the same level@130hz
  13. A

you are targetting scientific perfection, i just wanted rough data, noticing a +6db@50hz confirms my impression of hip2 sounding warmer than dawn 4.4, the feeling of harshness on dawn 4.4 maybe more complex to identify looking at the graphs
  14. A

yes i did put the eartip on the mic hole on the laptop (seal comes from the silicon eartip elasticity), redid the sampling 3 times to make sure it was not changing when i reapply the eartip on the mic hole
  15. A

you are right i am not ready to publish in a scientific journal ;) the answer to the question i asked is that there are too many combinations when combining dac+iem, i was hoping for a simple answer to help us choose a dac for a given iem
  16. A

when i switch dac i hear a difference but when i switched the filters on dawn 4.4 and heard no difference (graph above of different filter show a difference in the high frequencies my untrained ears cannot catch, unlike the difference in bass level between the 2 dacs that my ear can hear)
  17. A

the chain is simple Pc->DAC->iem(through bal cable)
  18. A

you are right i was looking for a way to get objective data to confirm my subjective impression when switching dacs on my iem, when things sounds different we must always try to get rid of the placebo effect that is always present.
  19. A

makes sense but a dac in a vaccum is less usefull than the combination/synergy of dac+driver you are using, what is important is what we hear at the end of the audio chain and not a chain link on it's own
Top Bottom