Search results

1. W

Arendal Sound

I've been using the 1961 bookshelves for the last month and a half and think they're great. Nice detail without any listening fatigue. The build quality is excellent too with a really solid cabinet. They're sitting on a pair of diy bass modules and were easy to integrate.
  2. W

What top coat do you guys like?

Maybe consider Rubio Monocoat. I used it on a quarter sawn white oak bath vanity and it really did a nice job of highlighting the figuring. It's also really user friendly and can easily be repaired. It's a linsead oil wax type finish.
  3. W

Revel bookshelf comparison of M16's to M105's

My bad. I misread his response and thought he had in fact decided not to buy and was passing the info to you. Thanks for pointing it out. I missed out on a used pair the other day for $650.00 and thought that was a smokin deal. They sold immediately.
  4. W

Revel bookshelf comparison of M16's to M105's

Hey is there a chance you can see if they have another pair at that price or maybe pass the information my way after you purchase? It would be greatly appreciated. That's a great price.
  5. W

Help with bass section of tower

The Mini Dsp and Emotiva's arrived and with help from a friend and a lower cabinet with 2 6" drivers on loan from the same person i've got things up and running. I received the 2X4 hd and the Emotiva's and have two lower bass cabinets that have been loaned to me by a friend. The system is up...
  6. W

I changed my mind and decided to go with the Emotiva B1+ for slightly more money and brand new. They seem to review and measure a bit better as well. also, the 2X4HD is on the way. I still haven't made the woofer selection and for now will play around with an existing lower cabinet with two...
  7. W

Also, i have in the neighborhood of 3 cubic feet to work with.
  8. W

Thanks for the replies to my question and i will say that i wasn't as clear as i should have been with my post. When i said that i value bass quality over extension i meant that i don't need them to play flat down to 20 hz. It seems like most of the speakers that i would be interested in if i...
  9. W

Hello. I've been lurking on this site for quite some time and now could use a little help with driver selection for a project. I have access to a pair of Elac Db62-bk-2.0 new in the box for non much money and would like to use them for a speaker project. I'm looking to build a pair of almost...
  10. W

Topping D50s insufficient gain

All of the streaming services that i have used have a feature that makes the level of all songs equal. It sounds like that's what replay gain does. My room is probably 400 sq ft with 8ft ceilings and openings to a hallway and other rooms. The speakers are rated at around 89db efficiency if i...
  11. W

please disregard my last post. i was trying to do it by just touching the leads to the jacks on the back of the dac. i finally decided to use an actual rca cable and touch the meter leads to that and now i'm getting more like 1.9v. with a 0-10db 400hz tone i get .63v at the rca's and 13.65 at...
  12. W

i picked up a meter that has auto range. depending on which 0 db file i use i get anywhere between 2.1 and 2.5v. does it seem right that it would actually put out more than 2v/
  13. W

It's never been modded. I bought it from someone that i know who is the original owner and did nothing but use it. I'm going to pick up my friend meter which has auto ranging and a setting for 2v ac. Hopefully I'll have answers sometime this weekend.
  14. W

That makes sense to me. Is there anything that would cause this amplifier to have less than the 1.7V than it's supposed to have? With the exception of one of the caps and a bridge rectifier going bad it has behaved the same for the last 25 years.
  15. W

I will fully admit that i can't spot somebody's lack of electronics knowledge because i have none myself. I'm just trying to figure out if this Topping should in fact be able to drive the Adcom to it's full potential.
  16. W

Ok. Now i see where you got that.
  17. W

I don't see where he says 27db.
  18. W

Thanks for that file. I think the fuse in my meter is blown so i can't get a reading. Could someone please tell me if this makes sense? I found this thread on another forum. "The old war horse 555 is very low gain at only 130mV for a 1volt output. Which is: with a 2v source and a passive at full...
Top Bottom