Search results

1. C

Is it possible to EQ Left and Right Discrepancies in asymmetric room

This is the Left and Right measurements of LS50 Metas on an asymmetric fixed desk setup. This is the best I can get with room placement. The left and right speaker frequency response are opposite between 100 and 500. 45ish is a room null I cannot EQ out. Does it make sense to try to EQ these out...
  2. C

KEF R7 REW Measurements: Starting Point, Any Simple Suggestions?

So this is my measurements of the KEF R7 that are replacing R3s. The first pic is with the psychoacoustic smoothing. The second is 1/24. Green is with sub, red without. The setup is 9 foot equilateral triangle in a 13x18 foot room, the right side from the sitting position and half the back...
  3. C

Static on JDS Atom (did it finally die?)

I have an JDS Labs Atom that is at least several years old now that has developed a static noise in the right channel. It happens when there is no input, regardless of setting and increases with the volume. Any suggestions?
  4. C

Phono Pre-amp or not (SL-1200/AT VM95ML/Yamaha a-s701)

Have some new old records I am inheriting so I picked up a VM95ML recently for the SL1200. I am not expecting any huge changes, but in my use case should something like a Mani make a noticeable difference?
  5. C

Were there any CD Players that have good headphones output?

Now we have a plethora of headphone amplifiers cheap, but were there any CD players with good built in headphone stages or were they all just for sampling CDs in used music stores? It seemed to be common in the peak CD era but they seem to have go by the wayside for cost or something else.
  6. C

What are the chances of companies manipulating (a la Volkswagen emissions) their devices for measurements?

This seems to come up in other forums that companies have learned the testing methodology here and learned how to cheat. For instance 1kHz tones could be perfect and the others garbage or they focus on one aspect of the test. Any of these things would come out in testing as a whole system rather...
  7. C

What tracks made you hate Beyerdynamic?

I'm trying out the DIY Audio Heaven filter and want to see where it shines.
  8. C

Setting Subwoofer Phase with REW

I am trying to fine tune the phase for a Rhythmic L12 and a near field setup. The subwoofer is behind the listening position. Subwoofer is crossed over at 80hz via the amplifier crossover. Posted is a snapshot of the RTA using Pink PN with a sequence length of 64k, full range. Also included is...
  9. C

Crackling static sounds on S.M.S.L. Sanskrit MKII

I have been using this DAC for about 2 days and there is a repeatable distortion/crackling sound that happens on all of the settings on the DAC. The audio chain is Mac/Spotify/DAC/Klipsch Powergate/LS50s. I have alternated all of the cables with no avail. This does not happen with either a...
Top Bottom